JAPAN AIRLINES 47 JFK New York Jan 05, 2008
09:00 AM NRT Tokyo Jan 06, 2008
01:10 PM First

JAPAN AIRLINES
OPERATED BY JALWAYS 745 NRT Tokyo Jan 06, 2008
06:25 PM MNL Manila Jan 06, 2008
10:20 PM Business

I have 2 questions.

A- Am I able to access the new JAL lounge in NRT even though my leg to Manila is not in F? This is not by choice, but because JAL does not offer its service to MNL in F only in J.

B- I know this is a newbie question, but I would prefer to take Flight 5 or 6 from JFK since this flight has the new skysolo sleeper seats, but can I standby for this on a award ticket the day of. Even better, can I get on a waitlist provided that there is room of course ?

This is a great forum and look forward to writing a review of my trip

NYC-NRT JL F
NRT-MNL JL Z
MNL-NRT JL Z
NRT-HNL JL F
HNL-DFW JL F
DFW-LGA JL F

Once again, Thank You all.
Old Sep 20, 07, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by JohnNova View Post
A- Am I able to access the new JAL lounge in NRT even though my leg to Manila is not in F? This is not by choice, but because JAL does not offer its service to MNL in F only in J.

Base on my experience the answer is no for question A. I am heading out to NRT tomorrow morning in F and connect to SGN in C. I can never get into the F lounge with a C ticket.
Old Sep 22, 07, 2:46 am

I am in the JL First Lounge right now and they would not let me in with the C ticket to SGN. But, my AA EXP got me in with no problem. The food here is really good and the drinks are excellent.
Old Sep 22, 07, 4:46 pm

I had the same situation, F class into NRT on JL and business class connection onto Bangkok. I went to the desk and showed them both my F boarding pass stub from my arriving ORD - NRT flight and my boarding pass going onto BKK and they sent me into the first class lounge.

I did have a first class seat assignment for the flight on to BKK even though the service class was Seasons. Maybe that made a difference when they saw 2K for the seat assignment.
Old Sep 25, 07, 4:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Advantage Gold, s
I spoke to JAL and they said if I show my boarding pass showing I flew in F from NYC, I would have no problems using the F lounge provided that NRT was not my final destination.

Look forward to using this lounge. Great reviews so far...

Old Sep 25, 07, 10:00 pm

Programs: JGC Premier (oneworld Emerald)
I have a related question: if I connect to an Asia-bound flight in Y from an ORD flight in J, could I get into the Sakura lounge with my ORD J stub?
Old Sep 30, 07, 1:36 pm

Programs: American; United; Starwood
If you show them both boarding passes, they will let you in the first class lounge. I had had no problem entering the first class lounge in the same situation.
Old Oct 7, 07, 7:30 am

Programs: TG, OZ, KE, JL,mh
Talking

Originally Posted by atl801 View Post
If you show them both boarding passes, they will let you in the first class lounge. I had had no problem entering the first class lounge in the same situation.
I concur.....
Old Oct 13, 07, 4:10 am

I am at the business class lounge now. Its super nice!! one of the best lounge so far i have been! I am lovin' it!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: