Aircraft on NRT-BKK

Old May 17, 07, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Aircraft on NRT-BKK

I just booked tickets from NRT-BKK on JL 703 returning on JL 704 (red-eye back).

The e-ticket receipt I got says the outbound aircraft is a 777-300, and the plane back is a 777-300/200. I'm flying in Y, and when I booked the tickets last night, the only classes they were selling were Business and Coach, and EF only shows availability for these flights in those classes.

But curiously, the seatmap they're displaying for both flights appears to be their 777-300ER which has a First Class cabin... I'm actually flying JAL this afternoon so I'm going to ask at the airport if they know what's up, but has anyone flown this route recently and know what's going on/what to expect? I'm not expecting a miracle but if they're for some reason selling it as a 2-class, and I could sneak into the business class cabin for the red-eye back, that would make my day

Alex
Old May 19, 07, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Doesn't work that way.

Y sits in Y.

C passengers sit in C

C passengers with elite status can prebook the F cabin
Old May 21, 07, 12:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fumitani View Post
Doesn't work that way.

Y sits in Y.

C passengers sit in C

C passengers with elite status can prebook the F cabin
I personally like my plan of putting elites booked in Y in the C seats, but can understand why they might have chosen to do things this way

Oh well...

Alex
Old May 29, 07, 10:25 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT. Marriott PLT.
Which elites--theirs only or OW elites as well?
Old May 29, 07, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by planecrashlaw View Post
Which elites--theirs only or OW elites as well?
Theirs.
Old May 29, 07, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by AlexS View Post
I personally like my plan of putting elites booked in Y in the C seats, but can understand why they might have chosen to do things this way

Oh well...

Alex

Why on earth would they do that if they could sell the C cabin to begin with? It's a business, and they need the money right now! Don't give it away for free if you can paid for it!

Last edited by Flyingfox; May 29, 07 at 10:39 am Reason: rr
Old May 29, 07, 11:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flyingfox View Post
Why on earth would they do that if they could sell the C cabin to begin with? It's a business, and they need the money right now! Don't give it away for free if you can paid for it!
I wasn't really expecting them to give it away, but American does operate some flights on 3 class 777s as 2 class, and elites can pre-reserve seats in J, so you never know.

For what it's worth, they could probably also sell seats in the F cabin on this route, but have decided to give those away...

Alex
Old Jun 16, 07, 1:28 am

I just booked ORD-NRT-BKK in F class and JL 703 (NRT-BKK) only offers business class service. Looked at my seat assignment and I was given seat 1K which appears to be a solo seat on JAL's website.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: