Wiki Posts
Search

Quality of JAL and JALway

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2000, 11:33 am
Ann
Original Poster

Quality of JAL and JALway

I'm using AA miles to travel from the east coast to Bangkok in the fall using JAL and JALway. What have people's experiences been with these airline(s)?

How is the food? I will need some sort of vegetarian meal.
Old Jul 19, 2000, 3:25 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Quite good! But no Kobe beef for you, it would seem!
Old Jul 19, 2000, 5:53 pm

I flew JO (JALWays) in May on NRTBKK. I was in the business class cabin. Not much difference from JL except for crew consisting of mostly Thai. I did not have vegetarian so I cannot specifically comment on food but the Japanese meal I had was OK. The buz class seat doesn't recline -- that's what I always feel with JL and NH -- as much as on UA, NW or AA.
Old Jul 25, 2000, 4:23 am

I think you will find JL very good.
I flew them for the first time 4 weeks ago on 4 international sectors. Food was good and plentiful, and nice atmosphere of calm on all flights. The flight attendants are helpful and extremely polite and gracious.
The aircraft were all spotlessly clean even if they were a little old and tired, with regular attention during the flight to the washrooms.
All in all, a very nice way to fly.
Old Aug 4, 2000, 7:33 am

Programs: DL DM&MM, DL KMwannabe, HH, AA, TG,
I've flown JAL first and business, never coach. With maybe a couple million miles flown, my JAL flights are THE MOST MEMORABLE of ANY I've EVER taken.....I can't imagine that a company that does so well in the front of the plane could go wrong in the back. We are taking JAL JFKHKG-HKG-BKK-JFK in November, and I'm ALREADY savoring the experience.

Originally posted by Ann:
I'm using AA miles to travel from the east coast to Bangkok in the fall using JAL and JALway. What have people's experiences been with these airline(s)?

How is the food? I will need some sort of vegetarian meal.
Old Aug 6, 2000, 1:02 am

Like Steve007NY, JL flights are the most memorable, but I travelled in the back section. The F/A's are easy going, and always busy eg. cleaning the toilets, galleys, as well as helpful to paxs. Food was lovely (first time I ate everything in front of me). Always travel with them even when returning to Australia from HKG.
Old Sep 6, 2000, 2:35 am

JAL International service is very good!

Domestic is different, no food, high fares,but usually on time, Southwest type service
Old Nov 3, 2000, 8:04 am

Originally posted by Ann:
I'm using AA miles to travel from the east coast to Bangkok in the fall using JAL and JALway.
Didn't I just read in another thread that AA miles cannot be used for JAL? Or is it only for upgrades?

[This message has been edited by Spider (edited 11-03-2000).]
Old Nov 3, 2000, 8:53 am

You can DEFINITELY use AA miles for JAL tickets. I am using award travel this December on JAL using AA miles.
Old Nov 5, 2000, 1:06 pm

Programs: DL DM&MM, DL KMwannabe, HH, AA, TG,
Us too. A mere 260,000 for 2 FC JFK-BKK
Old Nov 5, 2000, 9:39 pm

Originally posted by Spider:
Didn't I just read in another thread that AA miles cannot be used for JAL? Or is it only for upgrades?
Yes, it's only for upgrades. WE can redeem AA miles for JL tix. We used to able to upgrade JL flights using AA miles but it has been discontinued. Rumour has it that too many AAdvantage members took advantage of it, prompting JL to terminate the perk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.