what can I do with 13K JAL miles ?

Old Jan 19, 1999, 9:59 pm
MMM
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+ *A GOLD, TAM OW Sapphire
what can I do with 13K JAL miles ?

I have 13K JAL miles (had to fly SYD-YVR-SYD with them last year...sort of against my will).
Anyway,... does anyone have any idea what cani I do with this miles ? I thought maybe ,... HHonors to AAirlines or QANTAS, but I am not sure if I can do that ?!?!

Any ideas are welcome.

Cheers

MMM
Old Jan 20, 1999, 2:03 am

I note you live in Australia: Why not wait until JAL join OneWorld and then supplement the 13K you already have with some miles on Qantas?

NB: JAL have not confirmed they are joining OneWorld yet - but it looks pretty certain.
MF

Old Apr 1, 1999, 1:28 pm
Original Member

You can earn up to 5,000 miles with Iridium World Satellite Service and phone, Iridium World Roaming and World Page services. You can also earn more miles flying on American Airlines. Rumor has it that soon you'll be able to earn miles on BA and Cathay Pacific, too.
Old Apr 1, 1999, 1:30 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Don't get Merry going on Iridium phones!
Old Apr 2, 1999, 1:24 am

Seeing as you have dragged this thread up from the depths, JAL is now saying it will not rush into an agreement with OneWorld.

JAL Chief Executive Isao Kaneko said last week "Membership of a global alliance - such as OneWorld - is a longer term objective.

The reason? (and you will love this) "Japanese passengers, which make up 70% of JAL traffic, have certain expectations, which North American airlines are unable, at present, to service. We are working with our multilateral alliance partners, so they can offer a service which meets Japanese travellers needs".

I make no comment
Nick

Old Apr 2, 1999, 8:46 am
Original Member

They sound like a candidate for oneworld... eventually!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.