Best Lounge at JFK

Old Jun 10, 2024, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Best Lounge at JFK

Little less than a month from my First class flight on JL 5. I believe I have access to the SOHO, Greenwich and Admiral's Club. I also have access to the Centurion Lounge. Out of these which would you recommend? Also how hard/easy is it to get between terminals as it appears these are in T8 and T4?
Old Jun 10, 2024, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by diverg
Little less than a month from my First class flight on JL 5. I believe I have access to the SOHO, Greenwich and Admiral's Club. I also have access to the Centurion Lounge. Out of these which would you recommend? Also how hard/easy is it to get between terminals as it appears these are in T8 and T4?
There is no air side connection between terminals in JFK. I don't know if TSA in T4 would let a passenger pass with a T8 boarding pass, but even if they would I would not take the trek and two TSA visits for a lounge. Where you'd also risk a significant wait as the Delta crowd are quite heavy on the Centurion access.

Soho > Greenwich > Admirals Club is the ranking of the lounges in T8.
Old Jun 10, 2024, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Doesnt JL depart from Terminal 1? Will there be issues getting between T8 and T1?
Old Jun 10, 2024, 9:34 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Doesnt JL depart from Terminal 1? Will there be issues getting between T8 and T1?
JL moved to T8 more than a year ago. You sure you have a flight in less than a week not a year ago?
Old Jun 10, 2024, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JALPak
JL moved to T8 more than a year ago. You sure you have a flight in less than a week not a year ago?
but I googled it and got T1 and it has to true right? 😂
Old Jun 10, 2024, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
but I googled it and got T1 and it has to true right? 😂
Depends om what Google results you look at....

https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/inter/ai...nfo/#departure

JAL's homepage is a good place to start
Old Jun 10, 2024, 7:46 pm
mjm
Original Member

Best, or even high quality lounge in the same sentence with the embarrassment of a gateway airport to America that is JFK is purely an oxymoron.
dvs7310 likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2024, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mjm
Best, or even high quality lounge in the same sentence with the embarrassment of a gateway airport to America that is JFK is purely an oxymoron.
https://onemileatatime.com/reviews/s...-new-york-jfk/

Old Jun 10, 2024, 9:47 pm
mjm
Original Member

Exactly. Case in point. Just completely unequal to JFK's status as our main gateway airport.
Old Jun 10, 2024, 9:49 pm

Interesting! So the Chelsea lounge is BA only?
Old Jun 10, 2024, 9:52 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
There is no air side connection between terminals in JFK. I don't know if TSA in T4 would let a passenger pass with a T8 boarding pass, but even if they would I would not take the trek and two TSA visits for a lounge. Where you'd also risk a significant wait as the Delta crowd are quite heavy on the Centurion access.

Might be questioned at T4 TSA, just tell them you are using the lounge and they will let you in. They are probably more familiar with JetBlue boarding passes. Doable if one has hours to kill, has no checked luggage and has TSA Pre + Clear. But I doubt there is any lounge in T4 superior to SoHo anyway.
Old Jun 10, 2024, 9:57 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by pesos
Interesting! So the Chelsea lounge is BA only?
Only for BA First, AA Flagship First, BA GGLs on BA or AA International/Transcon, and AA CKs on AA or BA.
Having a JL bp will not get one into Chelsea.
pesos likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2024, 9:58 pm

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by mjm
I just used the Chelsea lounge last October, and it is VERY nice. The Soho lounge looked good too when I walked past.
Old Jun 10, 2024, 10:02 pm
mjm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Unimatrix One
I just used the Chelsea lounge last October, and it is VERY nice. The Soho lounge looked good too when I walked past.
It is likely accurately described as the best lounge in the US. That said, for the stature of the US globally, that is not enough to impress me. As a JL F pax I would hope for more that that although it certainly beats the options to date.
Old Jun 10, 2024, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mjm
It is likely accurately described as the best lounge in the US. That said, for the stature of the US globally, that is not enough to impress me. As a JL F pax I would hope for more that that although it certainly beats the options to date.
Customer service is just not a thing in the US, so yes lounge in the US will fall behind what are offered in many other locations in the world. But it is not like the JAL F lounges in Tokyo stand out as amazing beacons of lounges either.
dvs7310 and geronimo like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.