Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Best J seat on the 777 if all window seats are taken?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2023, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, AA Nobody, Marriott Ambassador Elite

Traveling JFK to HND in J and all the window seats are taken. What's the next-best option? I have C, D, E and G to choose from. Thanks!
Old May 12, 2023, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by AsiaTravel2019
Traveling JFK to HND in J and all the window seats are taken. What's the next-best option? I have C, D, E and G to choose from. Thanks!
I would take E over the C, D, G.
Old May 12, 2023, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I would take E over the C, D, G.
If I could ask, why do you prefer the E seat? I'm a pretty big guy...are the aisles wide enough to get in and out of E?
Old May 13, 2023, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
If I could ask, why do you prefer the E seat? I'm a pretty big guy...are the aisles wide enough to get in and out of E?
The entry way is the same size as for the window seats.

The middle seats are as private as the window seats, but as you don't have the curvature of the outer wall, they can seem more narrow.
Old May 15, 2023, 5:24 pm

Programs: JGC Diamond, OW Emerald, Amtrak Select Plus,Hotels.com Gold
Agree with CPH-Flyer, the middle seat is completely private and you have two exits out. If you're planning on sleeping, do not get the aisle seat.
Old May 16, 2023, 10:09 am

Programs: BA Gold
Also keep checking for seat availability as it varies by ticket class and status: full fare, OWE, AA codeshare or JAL flight number, etc. Other seats may be available nearer time of departure.
Old May 16, 2023, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by geronimo
Also keep checking for seat availability as it varies by ticket class and status: full fare, OWE, AA codeshare or JAL flight number, etc. Other seats may be available nearer time of departure.
Will do, thank you for that. I dropped into an E seat and will check every day to see if a window seat opens up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.