Very Satisfied with JL Sky Suite (Apex)

Old May 4, 2023, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
It seems to be Sky Suite II on JL 68/67 when they swap SEA-NRT to a 767, not the SS III reverse herringbone. And it's a planned swap, this is for January 2024.
Sky Suite II is unique to the 767s, and the Sky Suite III unique to the 787-9 (used to be on the now retired 777-200ER as well), so getting a 767 is a guarantee against the Sky Suite III.

(some may helpfully point out that there a few old regional 767s in the fleet with recliner seats. Though the risk of them being sent to Seattle is not worth talking about)
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old May 4, 2023, 2:12 am

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
IMO and IME,

SS > SS II >> SS III

Hmm, I notice a pattern there.
Old May 17, 2023, 7:39 am

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob, Accor Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
First time flying JAL, and got subbed from Sky Suite to the reverse herringbone Sky Suite III. Only realised the substitution once I walked into the cabin on board. 14 hour North America to Tokyo flight.

Was kind of a bummer, and fully agree that the reverse herringbone SS III's are quite tight. They're not very comfortable for a 10+ hour trek.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 7:39 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL PM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
SSIII is really bad. I'm tall and my knees are not great. I need to bend and flex my legs a little bit once in while to keep them from cramping. In the SSIII, this is literally impossible without moving the seat to an upright position. I hate recliners, but I have to say that for me, the Shell Flat Neo is a lot easier to sleep in than the SSIII.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 6:56 am

I took JL J and F products for several times(> 10),pretty satisfied each time. Good service and meal, comfortable seat.
Strong recommend!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.