Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JL38 - not selling J?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2022, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

JL38 - not selling J?

Is there a reason JL isn't selling J on this route? Even if there was an equipment swap, I assume it would be another wide body with J.

Thanks
Old Sep 16, 2022, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by saaveraward
Is there a reason JL isn't selling J on this route? Even if there was an equipment swap, I assume it would be another wide body with J.

Thanks
Maybe because the flight has not operated since 2020, and they have not yet decided if they will expand the itinerary to have it operating after 30/10/2022? They are actually not selling Y either, unless you go beyond 31/1/2023
Old Sep 16, 2022, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Maybe because the flight has not operated since 2020, and they have not yet decided if they will expand the itinerary to have it operating after 30/10/2022? They are actually not selling Y either, unless you go beyond 31/1/2023
Actually, they're selling it starting 24 Jan.

So is this one of those flights that's been on the schedule for two years and they remove it closer to the departure date, chunk-by-chunk?

Or is it reappearing on the schedule for the first time in two years, which would give me greater confidence the flight will actually go?

Last edited by saaveraward; Sep 16, 2022 at 10:10 pm
Old Sep 16, 2022, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

JL will sell you a J seat if you have an onward flight in J.

It doesn't make sense why that's in inventory, but booking JL38 as a stand alone in J isn't possible.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by saaveraward
Actually, they're selling it starting 24 Jan.

So is this one of those flights that's been on the schedule for two years and they remove it closer to the departure date, chunk-by-chunk?

Or is it reappearing on the schedule for the first time in two years, which would give me greater confidence the flight will actually go?
The former.

Though eventually it will fully reappear in the schedule. Question is just when....
Old Sep 17, 2022, 8:07 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

I do not understand why JL is operating flights like JL59 (unbookable) and JL8009 today?

Is one flight cargo only?
Old Sep 17, 2022, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by golfingboy
I do not understand why JL is operating flights like JL59 (unbookable) and JL8009 today?

Is one flight cargo only?
JL8009 flies daily, but only on sale certain days of the week, the rest are cargo. JL58 is supposed to be daily, for passengers that is. But, there is no JL59 in the schedule. Or did I miss something?
Old Sep 18, 2022, 8:20 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
JL8009 flies daily, but only on sale certain days of the week, the rest are cargo. JL58 is supposed to be daily, for passengers that is. But, there is no JL59 in the schedule. Or did I miss something?
Sorry I meant JL56. It departed NRT right before 8009.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by golfingboy
Sorry I meant JL56. It departed NRT right before 8009.
I would also assume cargo. JAL has been doing quite a bit of cargo only operations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.