Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NRT-SIN 767 Business Class Seats

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2022, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

NRT-SIN 767 Business Class Seats

Hi - first Asia trip since November 2021!!

With AA DFW-HKG flights unavailable, I am stuck with DFW-NRT-SIN now. Not familiar with the JAL business class seats and nervous about 767 quality on NRT-SIN. From what I can find, it appears that they were using the Sky Suite (not Sky Suite II or III) on this route? These have clear aisle access for all seats, or just on the windows?

Thanks, and nice to be back!
Old Aug 8, 2022, 5:06 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by beermati
Hi - first Asia trip since November 2021!!

With AA DFW-HKG flights unavailable, I am stuck with DFW-NRT-SIN now. Not familiar with the JAL business class seats and nervous about 767 quality on NRT-SIN. From what I can find, it appears that they were using the Sky Suite (not Sky Suite II or III) on this route? These have clear aisle access for all seats, or just on the windows?

Thanks, and nice to be back!
every seat has direct aisle access but expect the seats to be very tight.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JALPak
every seat has direct aisle access but expect the seats to be very tight.
Thanks for that quick reply! So it is still the Sky Suite (basic)?

Yes, they look tight, luckily I am not that big. Ah, I see the access for the seats now on their website. It looks very similar to the BA configuration where the FA has to reach over seats for service? But at least it's a full length bed, not the "ottoman" BA style.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by beermati
Thanks for that quick reply! So it is still the Sky Suite (basic)?

Yes, they look tight, luckily I am not that big. Ah, I see the access for the seats now on their website. It looks very similar to the BA configuration where the FA has to reach over seats for service? But at least it's a full length bed, not the "ottoman" BA style.
If the flight is a 767, the seat will be a SSII which is the Vantage seat. Flat, relatively narrow, and all have aisle access.

There is no reaching over for the service on the original Sky Suite, the FA will bring food and drinks to the table. Only the BA Fa's being lazy, as they could do the same. With the caveat that the aisle passenger reclining does make the reaching over necessary.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 6:11 pm
Original Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
If the flight is a 767, the seat will be a SSII which is the Vantage seat. Flat, relatively narrow, and all have aisle access.

There is no reaching over for the service on the original Sky Suite, the FA will bring food and drinks to the table. Only the BA Fa's being lazy, as they could do the same. With the caveat that the aisle passenger reclining does make the reaching over necessary.
Terrific, that's good to hear - and funny about the BA FA's! I appreciate your additional information!
rt23456p likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 1:17 am

Programs: Mosaic, AsiaMiles, Mabuhay, Alaska
Yes, these seats were dated, tight, and low to the ground when fully flat. Not a big fan, especially when compared to their apex seats.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cerberus435
Yes, these seats were dated, tight, and low to the ground when fully flat. Not a big fan, especially when compared to their apex seats.
Thanks - that's the impression I have. Ended up finding a flight to SFO and booking SQ out of there to SIN. Would have preferred Oneworld, but not this time.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Just a heads up that the SQ A350 seat is far from universally loved by FTers. See this thread in the SQ forum for some views expressed by its detractors: The SQ A350 - shockingly bad J-class seat.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 2:04 am
formerly rt23456p

Fly the B777-200ER flight instead? That one at least operate on Reverse herringbone seats.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by rt23456p
Fly the B777-200ER flight instead? That one at least operate on Reverse herringbone seats.
There are no 777-200ER flights to Singapore any more. They are either scrapped or doing domestic flights.

Though Singapore does these days mainly seem to be 787-8/9 and not the 767.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K (3.52MM BIS miles) AA EXP (3.64MM)
NRT-SIN 767 - any biz seat class improvements?

[QUOTE=CPH-Flyer;34497841]If the flight is a 767, the seat will be a SSII which is the Vantage seat. Flat, relatively narrow, and all have aisle access.

Hi, went through this thread which is almost a year old now.... curious if there have been any improvements
to 767 seating on the NRT-SIN route.

Thanks!
Old Jul 26, 2023, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[QUOTE=CVO 1K 2 Million;35446709]
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer

Hi, went through this thread which is almost a year old now.... curious if there have been any improvements
to 767 seating on the NRT-SIN route.

Thanks!
No cabin updates to the 767s.
CVO 1K 2 Million likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 6:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KrisFlyer
I just flew it and was dreading it. I have to say, they keep the 767s in tip-top condition. Even the bathroom was not terrible. I slept on the seats. I’ve had worse. Those seats are better than some of the current J-class configurations out there. They do become low when reclined. Service was great, so not a terrible experience overall. But I do think it’s time for a replacement, nevertheless.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 11:22 am
formerly rt23456p

Why not fly ZIPAIR though? NRT-SIN often starts at 500 USD, while the other way at 650 USD. They are atleast lie-flat.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 4:54 pm

Programs: Delta Gold 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by rt23456p
Why not fly ZIPAIR though? NRT-SIN often starts at 500 USD, while the other way at 650 USD. They are atleast lie-flat.
JAL 3 flights per day vs Zipair 1 flight per day
Don't accrue miles on JMB or Oneworld partners
Lounge access (Zipair lounge is a joke AND you need to pay for it)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.