Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JAL are pathetic

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2022, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by JALPak
They have increased HND-SYD to 5x weekly in July. 3/4 of the HEL-HND flights should be able to connect to HND-SYD.
Thanks. Are you able to shed any light as to why redemption bookings all of a sudden are no longer accessible using MMB on JAL website or app. This is very annoying when the same has been accessible since I made my booking months ago. Keep getting same error message 0000 and told to try again. If you have any JAL contacts or you are indeed at JAL please help. Thanks!

Last edited by Cedar Jet; May 18, 2022 at 6:24 am
Old May 18, 2022, 8:58 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
..Why they cant just route me home via a LHR or CDG which would both connect to my HND-SYD flight is beyond me. I always thought the Japanese were way better than this.
​​​​​​At least you had QF fixing their ticket. I had an itinerary on JL whose first segment was cancelled. I didn't really need to travel anymore and hence just waited.
Didn't hear from JL in days...
Old May 19, 2022, 1:08 am
Original Poster

You're not kidding. JAL website now lets me access the booking but wont let me choose seats? It also says my reservation is "on hold" when QF have already issued ticket. Weird IT system.
Old May 19, 2022, 9:52 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
You're not kidding. JAL website now lets me access the booking but wont let me choose seats? It also says my reservation is "on hold" when QF have already issued ticket. Weird IT system.
I am AA's AAdvantage member so I tend to buy tickets via AA. When I had a situation like that with a reservation involving OneWorld carriers, it has been always a problem at AA's end. I can recall having situations like that which I experienced on CX and JL flights. CX said AA has not issued the ticket, and JL said the reservation is not complete. CX and JL both told me I have to contact the ticket issuing agent, which was AA. First few calls AA said everything was fine with my reservation. After hanging up and calling again a few times, finally, one agent at AA looked into my reservation in detail and found out the problem was at AA's side.
Old May 19, 2022, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
I am AA's AAdvantage member so I tend to buy tickets via AA. When I had a situation like that with a reservation involving OneWorld carriers, it has been always a problem at AA's end. I can recall having situations like that which I experienced on CX and JL flights. CX said AA has not issued the ticket, and JL said the reservation is not complete. CX and JL both told me I have to contact the ticket issuing agent, which was AA. First few calls AA said everything was fine with my reservation. After hanging up and calling again a few times, finally, one agent at AA looked into my reservation in detail and found out the problem was at AA's side.
I actually called JL(on hold 50 mins) as I wanted to pick my seat( QF cant allocate JL seats and that sector LHR-HND wasn't even appearing on the RJ seat map-"seat map unavailable" despite my HND-SYD sector appearing and being able to self chose seats?-RJ is where I'd normally go to pick seats otherwise). The agent was able to see my flight had been ticketed by QF but told me "it takes time for it to appear in our system". So far 12 hours later and still shows "on hold" rather than 'ticketed'. JL must use carrier pigeons

Last edited by Cedar Jet; May 19, 2022 at 3:41 pm
Old May 19, 2022, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I actually called JL(on hold 50 mins) as I wanted to pick my seat( QF cant allocate JL seats and that sector LHR-HND wasn't even appearing on the RJ seat map-"seat map unavailable" despite my HND-SYD sector appearing and being able to self chose seats?-RJ is where I'd normally go to pick seats otherwise). The agent was able to see my flight had been ticketed by QF but told me "it takes time for it to appear in our system". So far 12 hours later and still shows "on hold" rather than 'ticketed'. JL must use carrier pigeons
It could also be QF sending the carrier pigeons to JAL, long way to fly from Australia to Japan.
Old May 19, 2022, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It could also be QF sending the carrier pigeons to JAL, long way to fly from Australia to Japan.
Hardly; QF ticketed immediately and showed on other ow airline sites as ticketed as well. JAL have a lot of work on their hands it seems getting their IT up to standard.
e.g. my booking now is back to "error (0000)" and unable to access app or online at all - basket case IT system to say the least.

Last edited by Cedar Jet; May 20, 2022 at 4:51 am
Old May 29, 2022, 6:48 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hardly; QF ticketed immediately and showed on other ow airline sites as ticketed as well. JAL have a lot of work on their hands it seems getting their IT up to standard.
e.g. my booking now is back to "error (0000)" and unable to access app or online at all - basket case IT system to say the least.
And how did this resolve itself? I have an upcoming RTW and wondering how quickly I should expect these reticketing issues to clear.
Old May 29, 2022, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by geronimo
And how did this resolve itself? I have an upcoming RTW and wondering how quickly I should expect these reticketing issues to clear.
Still have no idea in writing from any JAL platform i.e. app or web; still shows "error 0000" when I try MMB but Qantas tells me it's all in order. 'Check my trip' also shows it as confirmed and ticketed, as does every other ow website I've accessed. Still cant access seat map for JL 44 however ("seat map unavailable") but can for JL51 using RJ webiste. Weird. Must say I've lost a bit of respect for JAL's IT and processes; always held them in much higher regard prior to this experience.

Last edited by Cedar Jet; May 31, 2022 at 4:56 am
Old May 30, 2022, 3:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold; ex JAL JGCP
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Qantas found thier fax machine? Maybe that's the problem. their fax machine broke.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Still have no idea in writing from any JAL platform i.e. app or web; still shows "error 0000" when I try MMB but Qantas tells me it's all in order. 'Check my trip' also shows it as confirmed and ticketed, as does every other ow website I've accessed. Still cant access seat map for JL 44 however ("seat map unavailable") but can for JL51 using RJ webiste. Weird. Must say I've lost a bit of respect for JAL's IT and processes; always held them in much higher regard prior to this experience.
I am on JL44 connecting to JL51 next month. JL44 is on a BA cash ticket and JL51 is on a BA frequent flyer ticket. Same experience as you, I can pick the seats on the JL51, and that is because it is booked under a Japan Airlines flight number only (no codeshare).

My JL44 is actually BA4600, and it is well known that on codeshare flights with Japan Airlines, you cannot use their online system, nor will it work through Royal Jordanian / Malaysia Airlines (who both use the same reservations system).

You can access the seat map by doing a dummy booking on the JAL website for JL44 - at the pricing page, it lets you look at the seat map before you proceed to add any details. Failing that, use Expert Flyer (which I now do due to my flight being full in business class). You can look at a certain amount of seat maps for free each day on that site.

Anyway, what I did to choose my seat was to contact JAL in Dublin and ask them to do it for me. They don't usually do it, as it would be a BA responsibility to choose the seat, but they did it for me. You might try calling your local JAL office to select the seat you want to have, once you have checked the seating plan online to see what is available.

Japan Airlines use Amadeus, which is the same system as airlines such as Air Canada, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, KLM, Lufthansa, Qantas, SWISS and so on. This type of thing happens with codeshare flights and seat maps, it's not a JAL IT issue. It just is how it is when you book codeshare flights - some functionality is wonky and sometimes it's hard to tell who to call to get what done.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Hi and thanks.
None of my flights are code share; both JAL flight numbers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.