Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2021, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, 2 Million Miller
JAL Covid-19 Cover

When booking a flight to BKK, the JAL website had this link:

JAL Covid-19 Cover will replace the medical insurance
requirements when you enter Thailand.

Has anyone had experiance with this insurance? In order to enter Thailand a person needs to submit proof of flights, a hotel and $50,000 US of insurance to cover a Covid
diagnosis.

What sort of proof or paperwork does JAL provide to upload to the Thailand Pass website.?

Thank you
Old Nov 9, 2021, 6:03 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
I just read the details and looks like I'm covered by this on two one-way award tickets. I'm flying outbound on an Alaska Airlines award and returning on an AA award. Both in J. Is there a way to get a certificate of coverage with all the policy details?
Old Nov 9, 2021, 5:25 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by divrdrew
I just read the details and looks like I'm covered by this on two one-way award tickets. I'm flying outbound on an Alaska Airlines award and returning on an AA award. Both in J. Is there a way to get a certificate of coverage with all the policy details?
Your return may not be covered

No assistance or cover is provided in your Country of Residence.
country of residence is defined as
The country in which Eligible Passenger has permanent residence at the time of the event, or a country where the Eligible Passenger has spent more than 180 days within the last 365 days.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak
Your return may not be covered

country of residence is defined as
Only concerned about coverage while in BKK for my short stay. Any way to get a certificate of coverage? Or if something happens, I guess I just call the number on the web site listed for Thailand.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 12:16 pm

Programs: JMB, Bonvoy, Hyatt
It's unclear to me if you get this coverage when the ticket isn't issued by JAL. Most of the material in English does not make this clear, but in the definition section of the cover guide explicitly mentions a ticket issued by JAL. See: https://www.jal.co.jp/ar/en/info/tra...rguide_210701/
Old Nov 11, 2021, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by SugoiHikouki
It's unclear to me if you get this coverage when the ticket isn't issued by JAL. Most of the material in English does not make this clear, but in the definition section of the cover guide explicitly mentions a ticket issued by JAL. See: https://www.jal.co.jp/ar/en/info/tra...rguide_210701/
In the first link in the thread the text is:

Eligible customers

Customers taking JAL operated international flights with JL flight numbers departing the specified period.
  • Child and infant tickets, tickets issued via travel agencies, inclusive package tours, and award tickets are also eligible.
  • Codeshare flights operated by other airlines are not eligible.
  • No application is needed in advance.
But admittedly the link you posted is a bit more vague.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 8:34 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
If you phone up JAL's COVID support number, there's a selection for requesting a certificate of cover for Thailand. It reads you the secret URL to apply more than 7 days prior to departure:
https://www.jal.co.jp/covid19cover_thai/
seigex likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by Kremmen
If you phone up JAL's COVID support number, there's a selection for requesting a certificate of cover for Thailand. It reads you the secret URL to apply more than 7 days prior to departure:
https://www.jal.co.jp/covid19cover_thai/
Great...thanks! Couldn't find my JAL ticket number, but used the one that Alaska Airlines gave me for my award ticket. I'll see if that works.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 8:39 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
wow I wish I knew about this before buying AXA insurance.. I need to read this forum more often. Unfortunately my flight is in 3 days, so I won't be able to get my certificate in time, but good to know I have insurance for the trip in case one of the other insurances I have has an issue.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 10:40 pm

I requested it. Nothing showed up. Yesterday I got an email that says the original email with the attachment bounced back, to check omemsure that my email accepts attachments, and resubmit my request. Very odd since I get tons of attachments on that email address. Don’t have the time to redo it as I leave in a couple days.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 5:46 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Has anyone been able to get this cert? I filled everything out but the format for the date of the ticket fills incorrectly (Na/Na/Na) and it won't accept the correct date when I fill it in. Help!
edit - was using Chrome - tried opera and found out date format is yr\month\day - so tried that and it went through! Has anyone received the cert and used it for Thai pass?
Old Jan 29, 2022, 11:43 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by estnet
Has anyone received the cert and used it for Thai pass?
I used it in December for Thailand Pass v1 on an AS award ticket.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 11:49 pm

I used it in December for Thailand Pass v1 on an AS award ticket.
How long before your flight did you apply and how long did it take to get the form? I'm also doing an AS award
Old Jan 30, 2022, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by estnet
How long before your flight did you apply and how long did it take to get the form? I'm also doing an AS award
Applied about 15 days before my flight. The reply arrived about 4-5 days later.
estnet likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 12:52 pm

Applied about 15 days before my flight. The reply arrived about 4-5 days later.
Thanks so much - the website says to apply not more than 7 days and cannot apply less than 7 days!!!! I assumed it was a translation issue (which you have confirmed), so now I'll wait. Appreciate your response!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.