Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Haneda overnight transit

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2021, 3:13 am
Original Poster

Haneda overnight transit

I have a JAL transit 1750 to 1130 at Haneda (en route SYD/LHR) in a couple of months and wondered what the options will be if the Park Royal transit hotel remains closed?
Does JAL provide any facilities to Business class (or others) given inability to go landside during covid restrictions?
Old Sep 29, 2021, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Bullswood
I have a JAL transit 1750 to 1130 at Haneda (en route SYD/LHR) in a couple of months and wondered what the options will be if the Park Royal transit hotel remains closed?
Does JAL provide any facilities to Business class (or others) given inability to go landside during covid restrictions?
The options will be any comfortable bench or chair in the terminal once the lounge closes. Currently the 2:45am LHR flight operates only Wednesday, Fridays, and Sundays, so it is not a good match for the Sydney arrivals to keep the lounge open until late. Or to use as a shorter connection.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 1:17 am
Original Poster

Thanks - as you say, the connection times are not ideal with the night lounge closure so I'm hoping that the Royal Park reopens in the meantime....
Old Sep 30, 2021, 12:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, JAL Sapphire
We did an overnight transfer in HND in May. You will need to be in the terminal during the lounge closure hours. It will be pretty cool in the terminal during the night, so better bring something to keep warm or it could be fairly uncomfortable few hours.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 10:43 pm

And I have s similar ordeal coming up soon - arrival from SFO at 1645 departure to DEL at 1145 the next day - and if recall correctly, the damn HND lounge does not even offer any place to lie flat, unlike the NRT NH lounge
Old Oct 16, 2021, 2:24 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
I overnighted at HND a few weeks ago. The HND lounge receptionist proactively offered me blanket but asked me to return in the morning, which I did. I found a chair in the HND lounge "Red Suite" good for a nap if you have eyemask.
EqualOpp likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 9:47 pm

Piggy-backing onto this thread

My reservation has me flying into HND from Sydney at 5.30pm on Xmas day and flying out at 4.25pm on Boxing Day.
Not sure about entry being allowed into Japan so the back-up plan is the airside transit hotel which is accepting online reservations so I assume will be functioning.
A few JAL related questions - will JAL check my luggage through from SYD to LAX with a 23hr transit in TYO?
- if overnighting airside at the transit hotel will I be able to wander in and out of the JAL lounge at HND during the hours that it is open? (Flying Business Class and AA EXP)?

Thanks
Old Nov 2, 2021, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Piggy-backing onto this thread

My reservation has me flying into HND from Sydney at 5.30pm on Xmas day and flying out at 4.25pm on Boxing Day.
Not sure about entry being allowed into Japan so the back-up plan is the airside transit hotel which is accepting online reservations so I assume will be functioning.
A few JAL related questions - will JAL check my luggage through from SYD to LAX with a 23hr transit in TYO?
- if overnighting airside at the transit hotel will I be able to wander in and out of the JAL lounge at HND during the hours that it is open? (Flying Business Class and AA EXP)?

Thanks
I have not followed the airside hotel to notice if it is a new thing that they are taking bookings for future dates. But it is currently still closed with no announced re-opening day.

JAL will check luggage through up to 24 hours, so you should be fine there.

Just talk to the front desk and explain the situation, I am sure it will be fine. Please note that the lounge has quite short operating hours on the days that JL41 is not operating. Which currently does not match the the days of the Sydney flights.
EqualOpp likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 11:10 pm

Thanks CPH-Flyer

Its a worry that the Transit Hotel is closed because their website (which has to be the worst in the world) is showing availability for today!

I made a reservation and received a confirmation number for Xmas day but did not get an email confirmation. I may have to have a Plan C involving a sleeping bag.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks CPH-Flyer

Its a worry that the Transit Hotel is closed because their website (which has to be the worst in the world) is showing availability for today!

I made a reservation and received a confirmation number for Xmas day but did not get an email confirmation. I may have to have a Plan C involving a sleeping bag.
I think you might be looking at the rooms that are landside, that's all I can get displayed for today and tomorrow. The hotel has rooms on both sides.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I think you might be looking at the rooms that are landside, that's all I can get displayed for today and tomorrow. The hotel has rooms on both sides.
No, definitely Transit Hotel - but as I said, the website is awful

Direct access to the Haneda Airport Terminal 3!

■Room only, simple and reasonable stay plan■

For business and leisure occasions, please enjoy our comfort, stylish, and handy hotel.

Hotel reception desk is directly access to the Haneda Airport Terminal 3 Departure floor. (3F)
Access to Haneda Airport Terminal 1 and 2, you may use the free airport shuttle bus.

Confirm your reservation, click on 'Go to cart'.

THE STAY -Standard Floor- (Room Only) / 【Non-smoking】 Comfort Single

Package
THE STAY -Standard Floor- (Room Only)Room name
【Non-smoking】 Comfort Single11/03/2021(Wed) for 1 night(

No. 1 Date Number of Guest(s) Room Rate Service Charge Consumption Tax Total 11/03/2021(Wed) Adults 1 person(s) 19,100 JPY Included Included 19,100 JPY

Grand total
19,100 JPY
Old Nov 3, 2021, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Direct access to T3 are the landside rooms.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 2:17 am

I got to the availability page from the page which was titled as below but I will defer to your first hand knowledge

This page is Only for TRANSIT HOTEL at departure area. (NOT inside Japan)

I did receive an email confirmation but now I don't know what I am confirmed for
Old Nov 3, 2021, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got to the availability page from the page which was titled as below but I will defer to your first hand knowledge

This page is Only for TRANSIT HOTEL at departure area. (NOT inside Japan)

I did receive an email confirmation but now I don't know what I am confirmed for
The bottom of this page has the link to search airside.

https://m.the-royalpark.jp/the/tokyohaneda/en/transit/

If you click search, it shows no results. But if you click more options it will show the same results you can get from searching for the landside property.

Give them a call to check, but everything indicates to me you are booked in the landside section.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 3:03 am

Thanks, appreciate the input. If worst comes to worst I can arrive, plead ignorance and see if I can pass through immigration and quarantine overnight landside. Booking a landside room through Expedia is about half the cost of what I thought was an airside booking made on the hotel website. A lot can change in 7 weeks I suppose.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.