Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Haneda overnight transit

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2021, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Thanks, appreciate the input. If worst comes to worst I can arrive, plead ignorance and see if I can pass through immigration and quarantine overnight landside. Booking a landside room through Expedia is about half the cost of what I thought was an airside booking made on the hotel website. A lot can change in 7 weeks I suppose.
There is no knowing what the rules will be in 7 weeks. I doubt the borders will be generally open though, and I don't think we will get more than the rumoured 3 day quarantine business travel option by then.

The chance of being let in to Japan for a hotel stay if the borders are not open is absolute zero.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

I emailed the Royal Park last month and they said no date yet to re-open Transit Hotel but to keep an eye on this page (scroll down to English language section):
https://www.the-royalpark.jp/the/tok...de=view&id=126
Old Nov 10, 2021, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
There is no knowing what the rules will be in 7 weeks. I doubt the borders will be generally open though, and I don't think we will get more than the rumoured 3 day quarantine business travel option by then.

The chance of being let in to Japan for a hotel stay if the borders are not open is absolute zero.
What are your thoughts on whether inability to stay landside during a 23hr transit and the continued closure of the Transit Hotel would be covered by the JAL Covid Cancellation policy?

I booked the flight on Priceline as the JAL website could not find a fare for my itinerary and the cancellation fee under the fare rules would otherwise be $US300.

If you want to cancel your booking or request for a refund

You may cancel your booking or refund your ticket regardless of the fare rules. For JMB Award Tickets, the expired JMB miles at the time of refund will be also credited back to the JMB account.
  • If your tickets are purchased through a travel agency, please contact the travel agency for the refund/cancellation policies.

If you want to cancel your booking or request a refund

Conditions Deadline for refund request How to cancel your bookingIf you are unable to travel due to travel restrictions imposed by the destination.
A change or cancellation request can only be made within two (2) months prior to the scheduled flight departure date
Old Nov 10, 2021, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
What are your thoughts on whether inability to stay landside during a 23hr transit and the continued closure of the Transit Hotel would be covered by the JAL Covid Cancellation policy?

I booked the flight on Priceline as the JAL website could not find a fare for my itinerary and the cancellation fee under the fare rules would otherwise be $US300.

Slim to none I would say. Neither point has anything to do with restrictions that prevent a passenger from making the journey.

But I have zero experience with having to use the flexible cancellation policies. I have only cancelled tickets on flights that were not operating.

Old Nov 11, 2021, 5:48 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott nobody
As JAL clearly stated, "If your tickets are purchased through a travel agency, please contact the travel agency for the refund/cancellation policies."

In your case, that would be Priceline's policies, not JAL's
Old Nov 12, 2021, 5:57 am

I have an HND transit but not overnight, so there should be no special health requirements just for a quick (2-3 hour) airside transit right?
Old Nov 22, 2021, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by puchong
And I have s similar ordeal coming up soon - arrival from SFO at 1645 departure to DEL at 1145 the next day - and if recall correctly, the damn HND lounge does not even offer any place to lie flat, unlike the NRT NH lounge
How did it go ? Looking to do the same on an award ticket in J
Old Nov 24, 2021, 3:00 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by B-HQC
I have an HND transit but not overnight, so there should be no special health requirements just for a quick (2-3 hour) airside transit right?
yes. airside security check and go on to the lounge.
see a recent blog about Haneda transit (link).
Old Mar 25, 2022, 10:31 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
yes. airside security check and go on to the lounge.
see a recent blog about Haneda transit (link).
I am about to do an overnight transit at HND again in 4 weeks (JFK-HND-TSA). Last time (Sep. 2021) everything went fine. I arrive on Tue., 19APR and leave on Wed., 20APR (anyone airside during that time interested in meeting up?). There is a JL41/HNDLHR that night, so it seems the lounge will only close for 4 hours or so.

Anyone has any recent experience if anything is different? Any insights appreciated.

Reading the link quoted above, I am surprised ANA does not let pax use its lounge until the next morning. Strictly speaking, that would also be the case for oneworld, but I had no problem using the lounge both the evening before and the morning after last time. Hope JAL keeps the nicer practice.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Iberia Plus Plata, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
I am about to do an overnight transit at HND again in 4 weeks (JFK-HND-TSA). Last time (Sep. 2021) everything went fine. I arrive on Tue., 19APR and leave on Wed., 20APR (anyone airside during that time interested in meeting up?). There is a JL41/HNDLHR that night, so it seems the lounge will only close for 4 hours or so.

Anyone has any recent experience if anything is different? Any insights appreciated.

Reading the link quoted above, I am surprised ANA does not let pax use its lounge until the next morning. Strictly speaking, that would also be the case for oneworld, but I had no problem using the lounge both the evening before and the morning after last time. Hope JAL keeps the nicer practice.
I’m in the middle of a very long layover in HND, connecting between the LHR flight and the next day’s flight to BKK. What other people have said is still accurate, JAL lounge closes between 1AM and 6AM aprox. but lounge attendants offered me blankets and I camped out in the lower level where the bus gates are (131-139). This area doesn’t get much traffic at all, and has been very quiet and the main lights are off. Not tired because of jet lag but honestly more conducive to sleeping than the JAL lounge. Would have much preferred the airside hotel but as airports go this hasn’t been a terrible experience for a very long layover.
EqualOpp, ernestnywang and trooper like this.

Last edited by JasonMIA; Mar 27, 2022 at 2:04 pm
Old Mar 27, 2022, 6:03 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by JasonMIA
I’m in the middle of a very long layover in HND, connecting between the LHR flight and the next day’s flight to BKK. What other people have said is still accurate, JAL lounge closes between 1AM and 6AM aprox. but lounge attendants offered me blankets and I camped out in the lower level where the bus gates are (131-139). This area doesn’t get much traffic at all, and has been very quiet and the main lights are off. Not tired because of jet lag but honestly more conducive to sleeping than the JAL lounge. Would have much preferred the airside hotel but as airports go this hasn’t been a terrible experience for a very long layover.
Thanks a bunch!
JasonMIA likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 7:17 am

Is the First Cabin Tokyo Haneda at the airport accepting reservations? It says it’s a capsule hotel at the the terminal with shared bathroom facilities. My parents are transiting here while traveling from Delhi to SFO on April 11th. Also, do we need a transit visa for a 12 hour layover at Haneda?
Old Mar 28, 2022, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Deepz723
Is the First Cabin Tokyo Haneda at the airport accepting reservations? It says it’s a capsule hotel at the the terminal with shared bathroom facilities. My parents are transiting here while traveling from Delhi to SFO on April 11th. Also, do we need a transit visa for a 12 hour layover at Haneda?
First Cabin Tokyo is land side at Terminal 1, so there is no chance to access it. Generally speaking your parents will need to spend the time in the terminal or in a lounge if they have access. The airside hotel is still closed.

No visa needed for airside layover. A visa for a landside layover is basically not possible.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Mar 28, 2022 at 7:37 am
Old Mar 28, 2022, 7:40 am

Thanks so much for the quick response! Super helpful
Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:26 am

has anyone heard of any reports for the airside transit hotel reopening date?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.