Wiki Posts
Search

Narita Transit and JAL Schedule - Jan 22

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2021, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG
Narita Transit and JAL Schedule - Jan 22

I have a ticket on JL (booked as a partner award) VVO-NRT-SEA in January, on a Sunday. A few questions:

1) I'm expecting that JAL will not by flying to VVO by January. Has anyone seen any indication otherwise?
2) I also see that JAL is not currently operating NRT-SEA on Sundays. I'm assuming that if this flight gets cancelled, I can be re-accommodated on the NRT-LAX flight.
3) Assuming the VVO flight gets cancelled, I will be on my own to get from VVO to NRT. There is an Aeroflot flight that is currently operating on Sundays, so this looks promising. However, will I be able to transit NRT on two separate tickets? I don't see anything on Timatic that would indicate otherwise, but it would be nice to have something confirming this is possible to point to when checking in with Aeroflot at VVO to ensure I am not denied boarding.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Separate ticket transfer in Narita is still possible.

Aeroflot is in T1 and JAL is in T2, but there is an airside bus running between terminals.

I am would probably not trust checked luggage unless you somehow get this issued as a single ticket
Old Sep 10, 2021, 7:02 pm

I am also planning my winter trip with JAL. I tried calling JAL to ask when they would release their intl schedule for Nov and onward, but they couldn't tell me when. Interestingly, business class is completely zeroed out for LAX-KIX for Nov-Jan while economy is wide open.

On the bright side, Japanese government is currently drafting plans for relaxation of some COVID-19 restrictions. Not sure if any intl route will be resumed as a result of that, but it's not bad news.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by kentauta
I am also planning my winter trip with JAL. I tried calling JAL to ask when they would release their intl schedule for Nov and onward, but they couldn't tell me when. Interestingly, business class is completely zeroed out for LAX-KIX for Nov-Jan while economy is wide open.

On the bright side, Japanese government is currently drafting plans for relaxation of some COVID-19 restrictions. Not sure if any intl route will be resumed as a result of that, but it's not bad news.
I guess the next schedule update is awaiting the announcement from GOJ on border measures. I can't imagine that the border measure will be significantly eased within 2021, so my best guess for November and December schedule is roughly same as now.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the helpful input. I guess I'll have to wait and see for a month or two as schedules get finalized. I suppose traveling via ICN is also an option because S7 is operating a VVO-ICN flight on Sundays.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 8:25 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
At least you have until January.. I have a partner award VVO-NRT-BOS booked for the end of October, and starting to get a little nervous about whether JL is actually going to fly it.. I'm really surprised we're already in mid-September and JL hasn't updated their October schedule yet.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
At least you have until January.. I have a partner award VVO-NRT-BOS booked for the end of October, and starting to get a little nervous about whether JL is actually going to fly it.. I'm really surprised we're already in mid-September and JL hasn't updated their October schedule yet.
They published the schedule for VVO in October on the 28th of July. The route is not operating in October

https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2021/inter/211001_03/
Old Sep 19, 2021, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
They published the schedule for VVO in October on the 28th of July. The route is not operating in October

https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2021/inter/211001_03/
There is still inventory loaded on October 31st (only), in the event PVDtoDEL is referring to that particular day.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lax.sea.jnu
There is still inventory loaded on October 31st (only), in the event PVDtoDEL is referring to that particular day.
31st of October is specifically excluded from the announcement. As that fall under the change to the winter schedule.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
31st of October is specifically excluded from the announcement. As that fall under the change to the winter schedule.
Thank you. Any idea when the winter schedule will be published?
Old Sep 20, 2021, 12:51 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Correct, my ticket is for 31OCT. Judging by how empty the seatmap is, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm the only booking on the flight.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 12:06 am

Thank you. Any idea when the winter schedule will be published?
I am also waiting for the winter schedule. My google search shows that Nov-Jan schedule was announced on Oct 6 last year. However, the situation is quite different this year. To name a few: U.S. just announced border policy changes. Japanese PM will step down in a few weeks. He will be visiting U.S. before that, and might take homework on the border situation back home. There is some rumor about relaxation of COVID restrictions as Japan expect to vaccinate everyone who is interested by November, and COVID cases have sharply declined. Btw, ANA recently announced frequency increase and resumption of some routes for the winter.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 8:04 pm

It looks like VVO-NRT is now zeroed out from Oct 31 to Jan 31, inclusive. Not very good news. It seems the JAL has been incrementally zeroing out different routes in the past few weeks.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kentauta
It looks like VVO-NRT is now zeroed out from Oct 31 to Jan 31, inclusive. Not very good news. It seems the JAL has been incrementally zeroing out different routes in the past few weeks.
Usually a sign of the next schedule announcement being close, and what it will contain.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 2:55 am

Winter international schedule has been just released: https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/202...service/#inter

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.