Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JAL 787-9 Sky Suites III seat question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2021, 8:51 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
You should not worry too much about galley noise on JAL. Even in row 1 have never been bothered by it.
Thanks. It's a red eye HND-SYD flight so looking to avoid any noise and light from galley area.That said I will have eye mask and ear plugs. Which galley do they set up in the in-flight bar/snacks in, forward or middle?
Old Sep 4, 2021, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
Thanks. It's a red eye HND-SYD flight so looking to avoid any noise and light from galley area.That said I will have eye mask and ear plugs. Which galley do they set up in the in-flight bar/snacks in, forward or middle?
I never really noticed. They are more than happy to bring anything, an FA will be passing through the cabin ever so often to see if people need anything, or you can use the call button. I always have them bring me what I want.

From an available space perspective though, I'd suspect the middle one.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 11:20 pm

I'm too used to flying QR, EK with full bar area and to a lesser extent QF lounge bar. It's a great excuse to get up and stretch your legs as well as see what goodies are on offer. I know the JL offering won't be as extensive but treats are treats!
Old Sep 4, 2021, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I'm too used to flying QR, EK with full bar area and to a lesser extent QF lounge bar. It's a great excuse to get up and stretch your legs as well as see what goodies are on offer. I know the JL offering won't be as extensive but treats are treats!
QR only had the bar area on the A380. The rest of the fleet is by order only. They used to have a few items set out on the 787-8 by the counters by door 2. But it has been a long while since I have seen that. Though they are super quick, and often check in if you are awake and watching movies. Never flew Emirates.

JL have plenty of snack options, and there is probably something set out. I have seen it in F as I pass it on the way to the lavatory. I just don't recall anything in J, that's not saying it is not there.
​​​​
Old Sep 5, 2021, 3:58 am

QR only had the bar area on the A380. The rest of the fleet is by order only. They used to have a few items set out on the 787-8 by the counters by door 2. But it has been a long while since I have seen that. Though they are super quick, and often check in if you are awake and watching movies. Never flew Emirates.

JL have plenty of snack options, and there is probably something set out. I have seen it in F as I pass it on the way to the lavatory. I just don't recall anything in J, that's not saying it is not there.
​​​​
I mainly flew Qatar , Emirates and Qantas on the A380 out of Sydney. I always flew (and hopefully will again) to an A380 schedule. It's the only way to fly long and ultra long haul as far as I'm concerned.

I have seen a snack bar set up in trip reports on JL but never mentioned where is was located per se. This trip for me is a redemption RTW in J so I can't be too fussy with aircraft and scheduling. I'm thankful I found seats on all my sectors with the better ow airlines. Thanks for your help!
CJ

Last edited by Cedar Jet; Sep 5, 2021 at 4:10 am
Old Sep 7, 2021, 6:28 am

Programs: Cathay Diamond and Singapore Gold
I took seat 1K on the NRTSIN B789 flight recently, and if sleep is important i would suggest not taking this particular seat.

Kinda noisy, and i dint get the sleep i wish i will get.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by Microtat
I took seat 1K on the NRTSIN B789 flight recently, and if sleep is important i would suggest not taking this particular seat.

Kinda noisy, and i dint get the sleep i wish i will get.
Thanks for the tip. I've chosen 4A; equidistant from front and rear J galleys.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, IHG Gold
Hijacking this tread a little. Flying Nrt-Sea with a 2 year old end Dec and would appreciate folks’ input:
1. What is the probability of a plane swap and for the original sky suite? I do love those seats.
2. Seating is not ideal for small kids. Should we get 2 window seats or 2 centre seats?

Thanks!
Old Oct 15, 2021, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Melodsal
Hijacking this tread a little. Flying Nrt-Sea with a 2 year old end Dec and would appreciate folks’ input:
1. What is the probability of a plane swap and for the original sky suite? I do love those seats.
2. Seating is not ideal for small kids. Should we get 2 window seats or 2 centre seats?

Thanks!
Once JAL has announced specific seats, they tend to stick with them. Though scheduling is maybe more fluid than it was in the past as circumstances change more rapidly these days. I'd still not hold my breath for a change.

As a lap infant? Then probably not too important either way. With own seat, I'd probably say all three seats on the same aisle.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 7:53 pm

Once JAL has announced specific seats, they tend to stick with them. Though scheduling is maybe more fluid than it was in the past as circumstances change more rapidly these days. I'd still not hold my breath for a change.

As a lap infant? Then probably not too important either way. With own seat, I'd probably say all three seats on the same aisle.
Nope an almost 3 year old with his own seat. Crossing my fingers and hoping he’ll be on his best behavior for the flight!
Old Oct 26, 2021, 2:52 am

I always wondered why parents with toddlers risk J class. Y+ makes much more sense from every aspect and doesn't risk other J pax being disturbed. It's probably next to impossible a 3 year old will sit still-let alone in a cooped up aircraft cabin. They are built to run, scream and have as much fun as they can at that age
Old Oct 27, 2021, 7:49 pm

I always wondered why parents with toddlers risk J class. Y+ makes much more sense from every aspect and doesn't risk other J pax being disturbed. It's probably next to impossible a 3 year old will sit still-let alone in a cooped up aircraft cabin. They are built to run, scream and have as much fun as they can at that age
Would you hate me if we said that we were only flying J because F isn’t available on the route?
Old Oct 27, 2021, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by Melodsal
Would you hate me if we said that we were only flying J because F isn’t available on the route?
I'd feel sorry for you before I'd hate you! I've seen it time and time again in F and J where parents spend an entire flight feeding, entertaining and keeping occupied their children without even getting the time to lay their own seats flat! That said I have seen amazing kids on flights but truth be told, it's much less common. As a parent I'd feel horrible knowing my child/ren were ruining the experience of other pax in the cabin. Good luck!
LoungeLizardHugo likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 11:39 pm

Skyseat III B789

Do the bulkhead seats rows 1 and 8 have wider or deeper footwells than their counterparts? I read some reviews and saw some photos online, but there is no reference to changes in footwell. Any insight would be helpful.

We are on a daytime flight from Haneda to New Delhi and opted for a window bulkhead and the seat behind it. Presuming we wouldn't really be able to communicate if we took the two center bulkhead seats. For the return back to Haneda, it's a redeye flight so if the footwells are larger, than we'll keep the two center bulkhead seats as opposed to a window bulkhead and seat behind it.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Jim
Old Aug 2, 2023, 9:30 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I don't think the bulkhead has a larger footwell.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.