Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying JL and transiting in NRT

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2021, 4:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond. Marriott: Platinum. AA: EXP 1MM. Delta: Silver. Etihad: Silver. Emirates Silver
Originally Posted by SugoiHikouki
There is an airside hotel. Latest update from the hotel indicates that airside hotel is not operating at this time.
So that's mean that one really can't stay overnight at the airport, correct? Either you sleep on the floor if they allow you to stay, or, you rearrange your travel to go some other way.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by yabadoo
So that's mean that one really can't stay overnight at the airport, correct? Either you sleep on the floor if they allow you to stay, or, you rearrange your travel to go some other way.
Not confuse things in a thread about transiting in NRT.

For Haneda, yes you can remain in the terminal overnight. The airside hotel is closed, the lounge was never open over night. So you will need to find a chair, bench, or comfortable part of the floor to spend the night on. But it can be done.

​​​​​
Old Mar 30, 2021, 6:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond. Marriott: Platinum. AA: EXP 1MM. Delta: Silver. Etihad: Silver. Emirates Silver
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Not confuse things in a thread about transiting in NRT.

For Haneda, yes you can remain in the terminal overnight. The airside hotel is closed, the lounge was never open over night. So you will need to find a chair, bench, or comfortable part of the floor to spend the night on. But it can be done.

​​​​​
Thanks for this. Yeah, I am going to have to give it a pass, I can't sleep on the floor etc. If it was for 6-8 hours it's fine but 18 hours at the airport without a bed is going to be pretty uncomfortable. I'll have to look at some other alternative.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by nunogomes
Does anyone have an experience transiting in NRT recently? Is there a special holding area (like what Singapore Airlines is doing) or are passengers allowed to move freely within the terminal while transiting?
Are you transiting through NRT to fly to MNL? If so we might be on the same flight.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jlimftalk
Are you transiting through NRT to fly to MNL? If so we might be on the same flight.
Nope, I was transiting to Jakarta.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 12:18 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by JALPak
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/202...318/index.html

but not sure if you will even have time for lounge
Transiting in HND, four hour layover in mid-April. Are J passengers allowed to use the First Class lounge since the Sakura is closed?
Old Apr 6, 2021, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by knit-in
Transiting in HND, four hour layover in mid-April. Are J passengers allowed to use the First Class lounge since the Sakura is closed?
All passengers with lounge access are given access to the first class lounge at the moment. As it is the only lounge open. Certain services are removed or changed/reduced.
knit-in likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
All passengers with lounge access are given access to the first class lounge at the moment. As it is the only lounge open. Certain services are removed or changed/reduced.
this is very good news indeed
Old Apr 29, 2021, 5:47 am

Programs: AA - EXP, AAirpass, SPG - PLT, DL - GM
Originally Posted by jlimftalk
I’m flying this route this weekend coming from the US. My understanding is that there is NO testing requirement prior to boarding, so I do not plan on getting tested prior to flying.

Based on your experience, can you confirm that it is not needed given the quarantine requirements in the Philippines?
Old May 3, 2021, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by wolberine
I’m flying this route this weekend coming from the US. My understanding is that there is NO testing requirement prior to boarding, so I do not plan on getting tested prior to flying.

Based on your experience, can you confirm that it is not needed given the quarantine requirements in the Philippines?
Just updating for anyone traveling soon. No PCR was needed for transit, this was verified in Chicago and upon arrival to Tokyo. One thing tho was my original AA checkin agent had notes saying I needed a pcr test to enter Japan, we got it sorted but given how rarely they get these routes be prepared to spend some time resolving

Apart from that, was just sad how shockingly empty Narita was
LWkitty likes this.
Old May 3, 2021, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by wolberine

Just updating for anyone traveling soon. No PCR was needed for transit, this was verified in Chicago and upon arrival to Tokyo. One thing tho was my original AA checkin agent had notes saying I needed a pcr test to enter Japan, we got it sorted but given how rarely they get these routes be prepared to spend some time resolving

Apart from that, was just sad how shockingly empty Narita was
Old May 7, 2021, 2:14 am

Programs: AA EXP
Is transiting in Japan with separate tickets allowed at the moment or not? I asked Timatic and it just asks "if you have an onward ticket" but does not specify if it has to be one booking (like for example HKG at the moment).

Thinking of buying a DONE4 starting in Japan but I am not allowed to enter currently.
Old May 7, 2021, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SAN_Finn
Is transiting in Japan with separate tickets allowed at the moment or not? I asked Timatic and it just asks "if you have an onward ticket" but does not specify if it has to be one booking (like for example HKG at the moment).

Thinking of buying a DONE4 starting in Japan but I am not allowed to enter currently.
Technically it is allowed, but you do risk some objections at check in if you don't have the right to enter Japan as the airline will see you as terminating there on the first ticket.

So bring all tickets and documents of your travel plans in printed form. And arrive at check in as early as possible to leave time for document checks and verification, and to get the first airline satisfied that you have a legit itinerary. Also, don't count on checked luggage.
Old May 7, 2021, 6:04 am

Programs: AA EXP
Thanks. Decided to additionally email the first airline (China airlines in this case) to try to get something in writing.
Old May 7, 2021, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SAN_Finn
Thanks. Decided to additionally email the first airline (China airlines in this case) to try to get something in writing.
Just remember that you can't transit between Narita and Haneda. And you can't do an overnight transit in Narita.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.