FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank-513/)
-   -   questions BKK NRT SFO (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank/2018877-questions-bkk-nrt-sfo.html)

boycruz Jun 2, 2020 8:51 pm

questions BKK NRT SFO

Trying to get home on US passport BKK NRT SFO early July

1 can i transit narita with no restrictions?

2 Seems the 763 and 788 they fly on this route are 2 seats next to each other
in business
Do they block seats for social distancing?

Thanks in advance

JALPak Jun 2, 2020 9:16 pm

I don’t expect JL to operate NRT-SFO. No more blocked seats after June 30.

boycruz Jun 2, 2020 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak (Post 32424763)

so even though bookable they not been operating?

JALPak Jun 2, 2020 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by boycruz (Post 32424767)
so even though bookable they not been operating?

they haven’t announced July schedule yet. Expect announcement in 2 weeks or so.

boycruz Jun 3, 2020 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak (Post 32424793)
they haven’t announced July schedule yet. Expect announcement in 2 weeks or so.

okay good to know

how do you find out if japan is open for transit ( not entry)

Clack Jun 6, 2020 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak (Post 32424763)

What is your basis for making this statement? According to FlightAware, JL 58 has been operating NRT-SFO every day with a 787. What makes you think they will cease this route in July?

estnet Jun 7, 2020 12:20 am

Originally Posted by Clack (Post 32436105)
What is your basis for making this statement? According to FlightAware, JL 58 has been operating NRT-SFO every day with a 787. What makes you think they will cease this route in July?

Maybe b/c if you look on their website the flight isn't operating?

Clack Jun 7, 2020 4:28 am

Originally Posted by estnet (Post 32436159)
Maybe b/c if you look on their website the flight isn't operating?

I don’t understand what you’re talking about - I just looked it up on JAL’s website - JL#58 is showing as operating non-stop NRT-SFO on July 1. Is that a phantom flight? Is there any evidence it will be canceled or not part of the schedule in another week?

I understand that flights are being rearranged a lot at the moment, I’ve been juggling bookings on SQ, CX and JL to get my family home on July 1. It’s just irritating if people are speculating without any clue what is happening, or if they actually have some authoritative information.

CPH-Flyer Jun 7, 2020 5:31 am

Originally Posted by Clack (Post 32436425)
I don’t understand what you’re talking about - I just looked it up on JAL’s website - JL#58 is showing as operating non-stop NRT-SFO on July 1. Is that a phantom flight? Is there any evidence it will be canceled or not part of the schedule in another week?

I understand that flights are being rearranged a lot at the moment, I’ve been juggling bookings on SQ, CX and JL to get my family home on July 1. It’s just irritating if people are speculating without any clue what is happening, or if they actually have some authoritative information.

The flight has not operated yet, the route was supposed to launch end of March but it still await its launch. The reason it shows for July is thta JAL has not adjusted the schedule yet. Within a week and a bit JAL will announce the July schedule.

estnet Jun 7, 2020 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by Clack (Post 32436425)

I was responding to the post saying that flightaware showed the flight operating every day now. I tried to book flight 58 over the next 2 weeks (clearly b4 your date) and it showed it being operating only 1 day a week and listed flight 58 as cancelled when I looked up the flight arrivals - sorry I wasn't referring to July 1

CPH-Flyer Jun 7, 2020 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by estnet (Post 32437958)
I was responding to the post saying that flightaware showed the flight operating every day now. I tried to book flight 58 over the next 2 weeks (clearly b4 your date) and it showed it being operating only 1 day a week and listed flight 58 as cancelled when I looked up the flight arrivals - sorry I wasn't referring to July 1

The once weekly flight you see for sale on JAL's website is NRT-YVR-SFO. Which will explain JL58 showing cancelled in arrival and a weekly operation being offered for sale.

Clack Jun 7, 2020 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer (Post 32436516)
The flight has not operated yet, the route was supposed to launch end of March but it still await its launch.

Again, I do not understand your comment, unless you are talking about a different routing to SFO. JL58 nonstop NRT-SFO is operating RIGHT NOW and has been operating all week, according to FlightAware. So while no one knows if it will operate on June 25 or July 1, how can you say “the flight has not operated yet”?

We seem to be having some trouble communicating in basic English. Check the route on FlightAware.com.

CPH-Flyer Jun 7, 2020 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by Clack (Post 32438361)
Again, I do not understand your comment, unless you are talking about a different routing to SFO. JL58 nonstop NRT-SFO is operating RIGHT NOW and has been operating all week, according to FlightAware. So while no one knows if it will operate on June 25 or July 1, how can you say “the flight has not operated yet”?

We seem to be having some trouble communicating in basic English. Check the route on FlightAware.com.

Which piece of information do you trust the most? JAL's information published on their website that the flights are not operating and the inability to book the flight on JAL's homepage? Or a third party website that like flightaware? Since JAL are the ones operating the flight, I would probably trust their information the most. We have no problem communicating in basic English, there is just a problem in being critical with internet sources.

If you bothered to go to the detailed information from JAL you would see that I am not just making up stuff.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/inter/200514_02/

JALPak Jun 7, 2020 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer (Post 32438401)
Which piece of information do you trust the most? JAL's information published on their website that the flights are not operating and the inability to book the flight on JAL's homepage? Or a third party website that like flightaware? Since JAL are the ones operating the flight, I would probably trust their information the most. We have no problem communicating in basic English, there is just a problem in being critical with internet sources.

If you bothered to go to the detailed information from JAL you would see that I am not just making up stuff.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/inter/200514_02/

communication is 2 ways and I don’t think the problem is on your end at all. He’s free to believe in whatever he wants. Just don’t say we haven’t warned him if JL cancels JL058 after he booked the flights for his family.

it is possible JL has been operating those flights as cargo only flights but as long as they aren’t selling tickets on them it’s not going to help bring his family back to the US

CPH-Flyer Jun 7, 2020 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak (Post 32438424)
communication is 2 ways and I don’t think the problem is on your end at all. He’s free to believe in whatever he wants. Just don’t say we haven’t warned him if JL cancels JL058 after he booked the flights for his family.

it is possible JL has been operating those flights as cargo only flights but as long as they aren’t selling tickets on them it’s not going to help bring his family back to the US

Cargo only flights is a possibility. They did this with ZIPAIR, so why not with mainline as well. The cargo rates are through the roof at the moment.