Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus related DOUBLE FOP promotion Feb,20-July,20

Old Mar 25, 20, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, JAL Diamond, AS MVPG 75K, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold

Following ANA's promotion, JAL is doubling FOP for any JAL Group coded and operated flights taken between Feb 1st, 2020 and July 31st, 2020

Miles and eJAL points expired/expiring between Feb 29th, 2020 and July 31st, 2020 will get one year extension. Registration required.

Details:
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/jmb/jmb-notice/
Old Mar 25, 20, 11:24 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Gold
They really should limit the 2x FOPs to 2019-2020 JMB FLY ON members
Old Mar 25, 20, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
They really should limit the 2x FOPs to 2019-2020 JMB FLY ON members
That would kind of a be a reasonable approach, but as the dark side did not, neither does JAL.

I can celebrate a decent boost from this.
Old Mar 26, 20, 12:01 am

Programs: JAL JMB Sapphire & One World Sapphire
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
That would kind of a be a reasonable approach, but as the dark side did not, neither does JAL.

I noticed both side were on always on "I wait what does the my competitor does then I follow suit with better offer". Is this normal stuff they do between NH and JL?

So with the promo, i supposed priority boarding group 1 queue & overcrowding in lounge will be the norm for this upcoming period?
Old Mar 26, 20, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post

And I am being left out from this "JMB Bailout". All of my JAL flights were taken in Jan.
Old Mar 26, 20, 12:05 am

Programs: JGC premier
Call me greedy, but since the condition has worsened significantly, with most long haul routes culled, I had expected them to do more..
Anyway, any idea if the domestic one is combinable with 1.5x FOP promo?
Old Mar 26, 20, 12:07 am

Programs: JGC premier
Originally Posted by minizian View Post
I noticed both side were on always on "I wait what does the my competitor does then I follow suit with better offer". Is this normal stuff they do between NH and JL?

So with the promo, i supposed priority boarding group 1 queue & overcrowding in lounge will be the norm for this upcoming period?
Iím not sure if this will be the case since most routes are cut and large Japanese companies whose employees are the bulk of Group 1 surely are banning business trips unless business critical.
Old Mar 26, 20, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)

More or less what JAL does ANA does, or vice versa. So pretty much par for the course.

I doubt it will lead to an explosion of elite members. There are so few people flying. All major Japanese companies banned overseas business travel already in early to mid Feb, put severe restrictions on domestic business travels at the same time, and finally banning domestic as well. I guess that is actually the reason to cut out Jan, business travel was still reasonably normal. Which it was not in Feb.
minizian likes this.
Old Mar 26, 20, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by bakaneko85 View Post
Call me greedy, but since the condition has worsened significantly, with most long haul routes culled, I had expected them to do more..
I noticed they do not give more details about this:
-Flight from SE Asia will have 1.5 multiplier by default, so i suppose this mean flight will be x 2.0 instead of usual 1.5? or they will double FOP ontop of the standard multiplier of 1.5 for SE Asia flights.

-I guess for sure this will give boost for those who travel in region that only offered x1.

-or I supposed it will work something like the "choose your month of travel" domestic 1.5 multiplier (previously 2.0 Multiplier)?

-Like you mention, how would this implemented in Domestic flight, does that mean quarduble point (not including the 1.5 Bonus)?

unless someone took the flight and give feedback once the points are posted into the account, i cant volunteer myself as I cant get pass the immigration gate
Old Mar 26, 20, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by bakaneko85 View Post
read the fine print. FOP bonus does not apply. The extra 0.5x FOP from FLY ON promo is a bonus.
minizian and bakaneko85 like this.
Old Mar 26, 20, 12:37 am

I noticed they do not give more details about this:
-Flight from SE Asia will have 1.5 multiplier by default, so i suppose this mean flight will be x 2.0 instead of usual 1.5? or they will double FOP ontop of the standard multiplier of 1.5 for SE Asia flights.

-I guess for sure this will give boost for those who travel in region that only offered x1.

-or I supposed it will work something like the "choose your month of travel" domestic 1.5 multiplier (previously 2.0 Multiplier)?

-Like you mention, how would this implemented in Domestic flight, does that mean quarduble point (not including the 1.5 Bonus)?

unless someone took the flight and give feedback once the points are posted into the account, i cant volunteer myself as I cant get pass the immigration gate
It's the same calculation as the 2x FOP promo. I can be your guinea pig as long as you pay for my r/t ticket in X or above
Old Mar 26, 20, 12:38 am

read the fine print. FOP bonus does not apply. The extra 0.5x FOP from FLY ON promo is a bonus.
Actually I am referring to the multiplier. i am well aware the fine print..

And thank you for the clarification

It's the same calculation as the 2x FOP promo. I can be your guinea pig as long as you pay for my r/t ticket in X or above
those will cost me an arm and leg
Old Mar 26, 20, 12:47 am

Programs: Marco Polo Club, JGC
The sentiment is nice, but how did they settle on July 31st deadline? Seems bit short. Wish they could have just given out some FOPs like what CX had done. 😔
Old Mar 26, 20, 12:47 am

Actually I am referring to the multiplier. i am well aware the fine print..

And thank you for the clarification

those will cost me an arm and leg
I was replying to bakaneko85 who didn't mean multiplier.

Don't worry, I will limit the fare to under UDS3000
Old Mar 26, 20, 12:50 am

I was replying to bakaneko85 who didn't mean multiplier.
No worries

Don't worry, I will limit the fare to under UDS3000
Ouch n USD

Originally Posted by kijhkijh View Post
The sentiment is nice, but how did they settle on July 31st deadline? Seems bit short. Wish they could have just given out some FOPs like what CX had done. 😔
NH double points only until end of June 2020

Search this Thread
Search Engine: