Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus related DOUBLE FOP promotion Feb,20-July,20

Coronavirus related DOUBLE FOP promotion Feb,20-July,20

Old Mar 25, 20, 11:11 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: NYC/LAX
Programs: BAEC Gold, JAL Diamond, AS MVPG 75K, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold
Posts: 124
Coronavirus related DOUBLE FOP promotion Feb,20-July,20

Following ANA's promotion, JAL is doubling FOP for any JAL Group coded and operated flights taken between Feb 1st, 2020 and July 31st, 2020

Miles and eJAL points expired/expiring between Feb 29th, 2020 and July 31st, 2020 will get one year extension. Registration required.

Details:
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/jmb/jmb-notice/
JALOO5-Flyer is offline  
Old Mar 25, 20, 11:24 pm
  #2  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 15,272
They really should limit the 2x FOPs to 2019-2020 JMB FLY ON members
JALPak is offline  
Old Mar 25, 20, 11:56 pm
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Posts: 11,130
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
They really should limit the 2x FOPs to 2019-2020 JMB FLY ON members
That would kind of a be a reasonable approach, but as the dark side did not, neither does JAL.

I can celebrate a decent boost from this.
CPH-Flyer is offline  
Old Mar 26, 20, 12:01 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: KUL
Programs: JAL JMB Sapphire & One World Sapphire
Posts: 112
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
That would kind of a be a reasonable approach, but as the dark side did not, neither does JAL.

I can celebrate a decent boost from this.
I noticed both side were on always on "I wait what does the my competitor does then I follow suit with better offer". Is this normal stuff they do between NH and JL?

So with the promo, i supposed priority boarding group 1 queue & overcrowding in lounge will be the norm for this upcoming period?
minizian is offline  
Old Mar 26, 20, 12:04 am
  #5  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 15,272
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
That would kind of a be a reasonable approach, but as the dark side did not, neither does JAL.

I can celebrate a decent boost from this.
And I am being left out from this "JMB Bailout". All of my JAL flights were taken in Jan.
JALPak is offline  
Old Mar 26, 20, 12:05 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JGC premier
Posts: 302
Call me greedy, but since the condition has worsened significantly, with most long haul routes culled, I had expected them to do more..
Anyway, any idea if the domestic one is combinable with 1.5x FOP promo?
bakaneko85 is offline  
Old Mar 26, 20, 12:07 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JGC premier
Posts: 302
Originally Posted by minizian View Post
I noticed both side were on always on "I wait what does the my competitor does then I follow suit with better offer". Is this normal stuff they do between NH and JL?

So with the promo, i supposed priority boarding group 1 queue & overcrowding in lounge will be the norm for this upcoming period?
Iím not sure if this will be the case since most routes are cut and large Japanese companies whose employees are the bulk of Group 1 surely are banning business trips unless business critical.
bakaneko85 is offline  
Old Mar 26, 20, 12:07 am
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Posts: 11,130
Originally Posted by minizian View Post
I noticed both side were on always on "I wait what does the my competitor does then I follow suit with better offer". Is this normal stuff they do between NH and JL?

So with the promo, i supposed priority boarding group 1 queue & overcrowding in lounge will be the norm for this upcoming period?
More or less what JAL does ANA does, or vice versa. So pretty much par for the course.

I doubt it will lead to an explosion of elite members. There are so few people flying. All major Japanese companies banned overseas business travel already in early to mid Feb, put severe restrictions on domestic business travels at the same time, and finally banning domestic as well. I guess that is actually the reason to cut out Jan, business travel was still reasonably normal. Which it was not in Feb.
minizian likes this.
CPH-Flyer is offline  
Old Mar 26, 20, 12:32 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: KUL
Programs: JAL JMB Sapphire & One World Sapphire
Posts: 112
Originally Posted by bakaneko85 View Post
Call me greedy, but since the condition has worsened significantly, with most long haul routes culled, I had expected them to do more..
Anyway, any idea if the domestic one is combinable with 1.5x FOP promo?
I noticed they do not give more details about this:
-Flight from SE Asia will have 1.5 multiplier by default, so i suppose this mean flight will be x 2.0 instead of usual 1.5? or they will double FOP ontop of the standard multiplier of 1.5 for SE Asia flights.

-I guess for sure this will give boost for those who travel in region that only offered x1.

-or I supposed it will work something like the "choose your month of travel" domestic 1.5 multiplier (previously 2.0 Multiplier)?

-Like you mention, how would this implemented in Domestic flight, does that mean quarduble point (not including the 1.5 Bonus)?



unless someone took the flight and give feedback once the points are posted into the account, i cant volunteer myself as I cant get pass the immigration gate
minizian is offline  
Old Mar 26, 20, 12:34 am
  #10  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 15,272
Originally Posted by bakaneko85 View Post
Call me greedy, but since the condition has worsened significantly, with most long haul routes culled, I had expected them to do more..
Anyway, any idea if the domestic one is combinable with 1.5x FOP promo?
read the fine print. FOP bonus does not apply. The extra 0.5x FOP from FLY ON promo is a bonus.
minizian and bakaneko85 like this.
JALPak is offline  
Old Mar 26, 20, 12:37 am
  #11  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 15,272
Originally Posted by minizian View Post
I noticed they do not give more details about this:
-Flight from SE Asia will have 1.5 multiplier by default, so i suppose this mean flight will be x 2.0 instead of usual 1.5? or they will double FOP ontop of the standard multiplier of 1.5 for SE Asia flights.

-I guess for sure this will give boost for those who travel in region that only offered x1.

-or I supposed it will work something like the "choose your month of travel" domestic 1.5 multiplier (previously 2.0 Multiplier)?

-Like you mention, how would this implemented in Domestic flight, does that mean quarduble point (not including the 1.5 Bonus)?



unless someone took the flight and give feedback once the points are posted into the account, i cant volunteer myself as I cant get pass the immigration gate
It's the same calculation as the 2x FOP promo. I can be your guinea pig as long as you pay for my r/t ticket in X or above
JALPak is offline  
Old Mar 26, 20, 12:38 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: KUL
Programs: JAL JMB Sapphire & One World Sapphire
Posts: 112
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
read the fine print. FOP bonus does not apply. The extra 0.5x FOP from FLY ON promo is a bonus.
Actually I am referring to the multiplier. i am well aware the fine print..

And thank you for the clarification


Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
It's the same calculation as the 2x FOP promo. I can be your guinea pig as long as you pay for my r/t ticket in X or above
those will cost me an arm and leg
minizian is offline  
Old Mar 26, 20, 12:47 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Programs: Marco Polo Club, JGC
Posts: 67
The sentiment is nice, but how did they settle on July 31st deadline? Seems bit short. Wish they could have just given out some FOPs like what CX had done. 😔
kijhkijh is offline  
Old Mar 26, 20, 12:47 am
  #14  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 15,272
Originally Posted by minizian View Post
Actually I am referring to the multiplier. i am well aware the fine print..

And thank you for the clarification




those will cost me an arm and leg
I was replying to bakaneko85 who didn't mean multiplier.

Don't worry, I will limit the fare to under UDS3000
JALPak is offline  
Old Mar 26, 20, 12:50 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: KUL
Programs: JAL JMB Sapphire & One World Sapphire
Posts: 112
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
I was replying to bakaneko85 who didn't mean multiplier.
No worries

Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
Don't worry, I will limit the fare to under UDS3000
Ouch n USD

Originally Posted by kijhkijh View Post
The sentiment is nice, but how did they settle on July 31st deadline? Seems bit short. Wish they could have just given out some FOPs like what CX had done. 😔
NH double points only until end of June 2020
minizian is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: