Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus related DOUBLE FOP promotion Feb,20-July,20

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 24, 2020, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
4/23/2020.
STATUS EXTENDED FOR YEAR.
Extension of FLY ON status until March 31, 2022 (2021 service year) for FLY ON status members who qualified for the 2020 service year (Last Updated Apr 24, 2020)

In light of the unpredictable situation of the Novel Coronavirus and the difficult period of boarding, In order to ensure continued access to the FLY ON Program with peace of mind,
We will extend the same status for 2021 (until March 31, 2022) in accordance with your FLY ON status for 2020 which you have achieved on January - December 2019.
You do not need to register for this special measure.

https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/202...tus/index.html
Print Wikipost

Coronavirus related DOUBLE FOP promotion Feb,20-July,20

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2020, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by aramis78
Couldn't find that clause anywhere. The only thing I see is that international members can buy JAL domestic tickets using epoints from April...
They are also expanding the service selection to make overseas members able to get e points rather than the paper coupons.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 1:05 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by JALPak
It's the same calculation as the 2x FOP promo. I can be your guinea pig as long as you pay for my r/t ticket in X or above
turns out JL is being generous and WILL apply both 2x and 1.5x promo even though it went against the 1.5x promo T&C

• *If you are eligible for more than one FLY ON promotion, you will not be eligible to receive the benefits from each of those promotions and will instead earn FLY ON Points from the promotion that offers the most points.
liveinsydney and minizian like this.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 10:16 pm

Programs: JAL JGC Diamond, OW Emerald, Marriot Bonvoy Platinum
Looks like they processed the FOP bonus for Feb-Mar.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 10:29 pm

Programs: JL JGP (OWE), NH SFC (*G), Mariott Titanium
JAL have just announced the extension of the 2020 FY status for one year until Mar 2022.
percysmith likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by kerufin
JAL have just announced the extension of the 2020 FY status for one year until Mar 2022.
That should kill off the need to go on mileage runs. Though it does not reveal whether things like service selection and domestic bonus FOP month will be granted on the extension, or people will need to earn the FOPs for that. Though that is probably the more minor side of the equation for most people.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
That should kill off the need to go on mileage runs. Though it does not reveal whether things like service selection and domestic bonus FOP month will be granted on the extension, or people will need to earn the FOPs for that. Though that is probably the more minor side of the equation for most people.
there was never a need to do MR during a pandemic. I am glad that JAL did the right thing and now those selfish people who did MR and put others’ lives at risk have wasted their money.
bakaneko85 likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 11:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Corona double FOP for February-March have just posted into accounts.
Please check your accounts and update your mileage/FOP spreadsheets.
With that, I just hit diamond renewal as of today. woohoo?....now to find ways to actually use this status.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 12:19 am

Programs: JL JGP (OWE), NH SFC (*G), Mariott Titanium
Apparently someone in Twitter just called the JAL customer services and confirmed that any partner status will also be extended for a year, but YMMV until they make the announcement official. Not sure about the rest though - personally I would love to see the Wi-Fi coupon extended.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Corona double FOP for February-March have just posted into accounts.
Please check your accounts and update your mileage/FOP spreadsheets.
With that, I just hit diamond renewal as of today. woohoo?....now to find ways to actually use this status.
They did not calculate the historical points as originally announced, they literally just added the double amount of FOP for past flights. So also double of the 400 boarding points etc. Not complaining, just saying. I wonder if they will go back and readjust if they realise their mistake?

Maybe I should write a complaint that it is not calculated correctly, and get it fixed for all
Old Apr 24, 2020, 2:02 am

GREAT NEWS. STATUS EXTENDED FOR YEAR.
Extension of FLY ON status until March 31, 2022 (2021 service year) for FLY ON status members who qualified for the 2020 service year (Last Updated Apr 24, 2020)

In light of the unpredictable situation of the Novel Coronavirus and the difficult period of boarding, In order to ensure continued access to the FLY ON Program with peace of mind,
We will extend the same status for 2021 (until March 31, 2022) in accordance with your FLY ON status for 2020 which you have achieved on January - December 2019.
You do not need to register for this special measure.

Old Apr 24, 2020, 2:16 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by kerufin
personally I would love to see the Wi-Fi coupon extended.
I thought it wasn’t extended (the photocopy is 2020 Fly On Program, the original 2019)

Old Apr 24, 2020, 2:17 am

They did not calculate the historical points as originally announced, they literally just added the double amount of FOP for past flights. So also double of the 400 boarding points etc. Not complaining, just saying. I wonder if they will go back and readjust if they realise their mistake?

Maybe I should write a complaint that it is not calculated correctly, and get it fixed for all
You should
CPH-Flyer likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by percysmith
I thought it wasn’t extended (the photocopy is 2020 Fly On Program, the original 2019)

It was extended. I've already received my wi-fi coupons for Apr 2020 - Mar 2021 back in March 2020.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by percysmith

If you go to the campaigns you can sign up for, it is still there. You have to register to get the code.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by JALPak
It was extended. I've already received my wi-fi coupons for Apr 2020 - Mar 2021 back in March 2020.
that is not the extension provided here. you had already qualified in 2019, for 2020 status (2020 status year is Apr 2020 - Mar 2021).
this corona special extension is for extension until 2021, meaning your status now expires in Mar 2022.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.