Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus related DOUBLE FOP promotion Feb,20-July,20

Coronavirus related DOUBLE FOP promotion Feb,20-July,20

Old Mar 26, 20, 8:03 am
  #16  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JGC premier
Posts: 302
Had some free time and asked JGC office. I can confirm that this work the same as the previous elites double FOP, eg. For base mile of 500 miles route on domestic route, itíll be 500 x 2 x 2 = 2000 FOP (+ 400 FOP depending on your ticket type).
minizian likes this.
bakaneko85 is offline  
Old Mar 26, 20, 7:47 pm
  #17  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tokyo
Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Posts: 2,903
yey! making D by July!
Tokyoite is offline  
Old Mar 27, 20, 1:28 pm
  #18  
mhy
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New York City
Programs: JAL Diamond / Oneworld Emerald
Posts: 316
Being in NYC I do not see my May trip to Tokyo coming to fruition at this rate. 35000 FOP in one round trip would have been sweet

Haven't used my Diamond status at all this year. Hopefully can use it in the 2nd half of the year after this madness is over.
mhy is offline  
Old Mar 27, 20, 4:55 pm
  #19  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Posts: 11,130
Originally Posted by mhy View Post
Being in NYC I do not see my May trip to Tokyo coming to fruition at this rate. 35000 FOP in one round trip would have been sweet

Haven't used my Diamond status at all this year. Hopefully can use it in the 2nd half of the year after this madness is over.
I have a trip in very late April, and one in May that I would very much like to be possible. But my honest feeling is that June is probably the earliest we might be able to travel freely again. US and EU needs to calm down, South East Asia needs to peak and calm down, Japan may still see a peak.
CPH-Flyer is offline  
Old Mar 27, 20, 7:45 pm
  #20  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 15,272
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
I have a trip in very late April, and one in May that I would very much like to be possible. But my honest feeling is that June is probably the earliest we might be able to travel freely again. US and EU needs to calm down, South East Asia needs to peak and calm down, Japan may still see a peak.
you are a very optimistic man
JALPak is offline  
Old Mar 27, 20, 8:19 pm
  #21  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Posts: 11,130
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
you are a very optimistic man
Under good circumstances, we could see travel possible in some areas in June.

I would like my April and May trip to be possible, I have no real expectations that they will be. Europe and the US is just not looking to be travel ready yet at that time.
CPH-Flyer is offline  
Old Mar 27, 20, 8:59 pm
  #22  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 15,272
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
Under good circumstances, we could see travel possible in some areas in June.

I would like my April and May trip to be possible, I have no real expectations that they will be. Europe and the US is just not looking to be travel ready yet at that time.
but the big question is will travel to Japan be possible in June. By then you guys could be the new Italy
JALPak is offline  
Old Mar 27, 20, 10:37 pm
  #23  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Posts: 11,130
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
but the big question is will travel to Japan be possible in June. By then you guys could be the new Italy
Japan is certainly not out of the woods yet. Currently I'd say we are at cross road, either heading deeper in to the woods or out of the woods. But there is no clear indication which way is the right one, and which way we sre facing.... Time will tell
CPH-Flyer is offline  
Old Mar 29, 20, 5:45 am
  #24  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: CAN, LAX, TPE
Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Posts: 2,714
This promo seems to be targeting for people in Japan only as I can hardly see anyone traveling internationally given the current status.
coolfish1103 is offline  
Old Mar 30, 20, 6:05 am
  #25  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JGC Sapphire
Posts: 102
All my business trips out of Japan are cancelled until August, unfortunately. Would have been nice to be earning double FOPs on those long legs.
Mizunara is offline  
Old Mar 31, 20, 8:18 am
  #26  
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 6
I think this is unfair to those of us outside Japan region because ePoints can only be redeemed for itineraries originating in Japan. I'm at a loss as to why they wont just extend mileage expiry. Frustrating
aramis78 is offline  
Old Mar 31, 20, 9:21 am
  #27  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 15,272
Originally Posted by aramis78 View Post
I think this is unfair to those of us outside Japan region because ePoints can only be redeemed for itineraries originating in Japan. I'm at a loss as to why they wont just extend mileage expiry. Frustrating
Read the linked page in the original post please?
JALPak is offline  
Old Mar 31, 20, 8:14 pm
  #28  
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 6
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
Read the linked page in the original post please?
I did! The linked page sates that expiring miles will be converted to ePoints. The miles themselves will not be extended. Not sure what you're referring to. Maybe I missed something.
aramis78 is offline  
Old Mar 31, 20, 9:08 pm
  #29  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Posts: 11,130
Originally Posted by aramis78 View Post
I did! The linked page sates that expiring miles will be converted to ePoints. The miles themselves will not be extended. Not sure what you're referring to. Maybe I missed something.
E points are becoming fully available to all region members from mid April.

https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/jalmile/...int/index.html
CPH-Flyer is offline  
Old Mar 31, 20, 10:27 pm
  #30  
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 6
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
E points are becoming fully available to all region members from mid April.

https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/jalmile/...int/index.html
Couldn't find that clause anywhere. The only thing I see is that international members can buy JAL domestic tickets using epoints from April...
aramis78 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: