Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus related DOUBLE FOP promotion Feb,20-July,20

Coronavirus related DOUBLE FOP promotion Feb,20-July,20

Old Mar 26, 20, 8:03 am

Programs: JGC premier
Had some free time and asked JGC office. I can confirm that this work the same as the previous elites double FOP, eg. For base mile of 500 miles route on domestic route, itíll be 500 x 2 x 2 = 2000 FOP (+ 400 FOP depending on your ticket type).
minizian likes this.
Old Mar 26, 20, 7:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
yey! making D by July!
Old Mar 27, 20, 1:28 pm
mhy

Programs: JAL Diamond / Oneworld Emerald
Being in NYC I do not see my May trip to Tokyo coming to fruition at this rate. 35000 FOP in one round trip would have been sweet

Haven't used my Diamond status at all this year. Hopefully can use it in the 2nd half of the year after this madness is over.
Old Mar 27, 20, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Originally Posted by mhy View Post
Being in NYC I do not see my May trip to Tokyo coming to fruition at this rate. 35000 FOP in one round trip would have been sweet

Haven't used my Diamond status at all this year. Hopefully can use it in the 2nd half of the year after this madness is over.
I have a trip in very late April, and one in May that I would very much like to be possible. But my honest feeling is that June is probably the earliest we might be able to travel freely again. US and EU needs to calm down, South East Asia needs to peak and calm down, Japan may still see a peak.
Old Mar 27, 20, 7:45 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
I have a trip in very late April, and one in May that I would very much like to be possible. But my honest feeling is that June is probably the earliest we might be able to travel freely again. US and EU needs to calm down, South East Asia needs to peak and calm down, Japan may still see a peak.
you are a very optimistic man
Old Mar 27, 20, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
you are a very optimistic man
Under good circumstances, we could see travel possible in some areas in June.

I would like my April and May trip to be possible, I have no real expectations that they will be. Europe and the US is just not looking to be travel ready yet at that time.
Old Mar 27, 20, 8:59 pm

Under good circumstances, we could see travel possible in some areas in June.

I would like my April and May trip to be possible, I have no real expectations that they will be. Europe and the US is just not looking to be travel ready yet at that time.
but the big question is will travel to Japan be possible in June. By then you guys could be the new Italy
Old Mar 27, 20, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

but the big question is will travel to Japan be possible in June. By then you guys could be the new Italy
Japan is certainly not out of the woods yet. Currently I'd say we are at cross road, either heading deeper in to the woods or out of the woods. But there is no clear indication which way is the right one, and which way we sre facing.... Time will tell
Old Mar 29, 20, 5:45 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
This promo seems to be targeting for people in Japan only as I can hardly see anyone traveling internationally given the current status.
Old Mar 30, 20, 6:05 am

Programs: JGC Sapphire
All my business trips out of Japan are cancelled until August, unfortunately. Would have been nice to be earning double FOPs on those long legs.
Old Mar 31, 20, 8:18 am

I think this is unfair to those of us outside Japan region because ePoints can only be redeemed for itineraries originating in Japan. I'm at a loss as to why they wont just extend mileage expiry. Frustrating
Old Mar 31, 20, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by aramis78 View Post
I think this is unfair to those of us outside Japan region because ePoints can only be redeemed for itineraries originating in Japan. I'm at a loss as to why they wont just extend mileage expiry. Frustrating
Read the linked page in the original post please?
Old Mar 31, 20, 8:14 pm

Read the linked page in the original post please?
I did! The linked page sates that expiring miles will be converted to ePoints. The miles themselves will not be extended. Not sure what you're referring to. Maybe I missed something.
Old Mar 31, 20, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aramis78 View Post
I did! The linked page sates that expiring miles will be converted to ePoints. The miles themselves will not be extended. Not sure what you're referring to. Maybe I missed something.
E points are becoming fully available to all region members from mid April.

https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/jalmile/...int/index.html
Old Mar 31, 20, 10:27 pm

E points are becoming fully available to all region members from mid April.

https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/jalmile/...int/index.html
Couldn't find that clause anywhere. The only thing I see is that international members can buy JAL domestic tickets using epoints from April...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: