Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JAL 777 Skysuite Aisle Vs Center

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2020, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

JAL 777 Skysuite Aisle Vs Center

Which is better for privacy/sleeping if my options are between the aisles and the center in business class? Available seats:

Old Feb 22, 2020, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
The center one has the best privacy by far. Some people feel a bit confined by the walls, but I'd pick the center over the aisle anytime.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 11:11 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The center one has the best privacy by far. Some people feel a bit confined by the walls, but I'd pick the center over the aisle anytime.
While the center may have better privacy and it's nice not to have to climb over someone as it has it's own access, I found it too confining as the 2-3-2 arrangement makes for a very tight seat with limited storage and places for your arms. I preffered the window, but found the aisle better than the center. Of course, I prefer the 1-2-1 seating most other airlines use, i.e CX and AA.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by rbAA
While the center may have better privacy and it's nice not to have to climb over someone as it has it's own access, I found it too confining as the 2-3-2 arrangement makes for a very tight seat with limited storage and places for your arms. I preffered the window, but found the aisle better than the center. Of course, I prefer the 1-2-1 seating most other airlines use, i.e CX and AA.
​​​​​​​I'd prefer the window seats as well. Though under the choice circumstances presented, I'd go for the center seats. But as I said, some people find them too confining.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 10:57 am

Choose 11E And hope one of the aisles stays open next to you
Old Feb 23, 2020, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
There’s a youtube video by Mikey Chen where he has a middle seat in business on the JAL 777 (NRT-JFK I believe). It looks very private, maybe too tight if you’re claustrophobic, but otherwise seems comfortable if you don’t want a window seat.
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 2:34 pm

I’m going to hijack this thread since the title isn’t specific to J. I am on the upcoming F JL15 (LAX-HND) and chose 1K. Is this a good seat as far as galley noise etc go? or would row 2 be better?
Old Feb 23, 2020, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seigex
I’m going to hijack this thread since the title isn’t specific to J. I am on the upcoming F JL15 (LAX-HND) and chose 1K. Is this a good seat as far as galley noise etc go? or would row 2 be better?
Galley noise is really not a problem, they managed to run the ser with surprisingly low noise levels. I would not worry about 1K
​​​​​
The title is very specific to J though. Sky Suites are only in J. F has the JAL Suite
ijgordon and roberto99 like this.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 9:33 pm

Galley noise is really not a problem, they managed to run the ser with surprisingly low noise levels. I would not worry about 1K
​​​​​
The title is very specific to J though. Sky Suites are only in J. F has the JAL Suite
Ahh, thanks, learn something new every day. I usually fly ANA F when not flying domestic, so this will be my first time on JAL international F.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 11:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Set an EF seat alert for a window.

I hated the center seat, too confining. Haven't tried an aisle.
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 6:06 pm

Programs: JGC Diamond, OW Emerald, Amtrak Select Plus,Hotels.com Gold
I feel like someone asked this a week or so back... If you're not obese and not claustrophobic, it's actually a pretty good seat being in the middle. No one ever lowers their partition mid-flight so it's basically like being in your own private room. If you can get a window seat, I would take that. If you can't get a window seat, I would take the center seat over the aisle seat in a heartbeat.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 12:31 am

Programs: AA Platinum
First time JL J flyer... Have to choose between 7 or 12. Despite 8 months out that is all that is left on my flight, if I want a window.......Row 5 seems blocked across the board according to EP. Hoping I can get the mini cabin at a later date closer to the flight or are they reserved for JL frequent flyers?

I def. want a window so its either 7 or 12 so I guess I'm right smack behind a lav or very close to PE... any thoughts between 7K Vs. 12K?

Hoping F opens up with AA miles, for 20K more its a no brainer.

Thanks
Old Jan 14, 2023, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
First time JL J flyer... Have to choose between 7 or 12. Despite 8 months out that is all that is left on my flight, if I want a window.......Row 5 seems blocked across the board according to EP. Hoping I can get the mini cabin at a later date closer to the flight or are they reserved for JL frequent flyers?

I def. want a window so its either 7 or 12 so I guess I'm right smack behind a lav or very close to PE... any thoughts between 7K Vs. 12K?

Hoping F opens up with AA miles, for 20K more its a no brainer.

Thanks
Row 5 is blocked for elites, and most window seats are blocked for awards. I would not have expected 7K to be open, but there could be certain reasons coming in to play.

What you see now, is what will be available until online check-in. Row 5 would open at that time as well, if not already taken.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 1:21 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Row 5 is blocked for elites, and most window seats are blocked for awards. I would not have expected 7K to be open, but there could be certain reasons coming in to play.

What you see now, is what will be available until online check-in. Row 5 would open at that time as well, if not already taken.
Cool thanks for the info. Any thoughts between 7 & 12? How bad is the lav by 7? Maybe b/c its 7K I would be a little further back & away? Not excited about hearing the flushing but at the same time the last row of J is not usually my thing.

Not to be negative, and I am very happy I can fly J across the Pacific, but this Apex seat looks atrocious. I am wondering who should have been fired first, the designer of this seat or the person who came up with the AA Zodiac 788/some 772's seat. I cant stand that seat for its horrible lack of privacy and the fact that its connected to another seat and you feel rocking.

Looking at this Apex seat all I see is NO storage, and super narrow and have to imagine you must feel the person next to you since they are so close (when they move, get up, shift in bed, etc).

I know getting The Room or Q Suites on all planes isnt realistic but give me a normal 1-2-1 configured reverse herringbone seat any day and I'm happy.

I'm so hoping I can get an F seat but I am sure its going to be unlikely to open up on AA at this point.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Cool thanks for the info. Any thoughts between 7 & 12? How bad is the lav by 7? Maybe b/c its 7K I would be a little further back & away? Not excited about hearing the flushing but at the same time the last row of J is not usually my thing.

Not to be negative, and I am very happy I can fly J across the Pacific, but this Apex seat looks atrocious. I am wondering who should have been fired first, the designer of this seat or the person who came up with the AA Zodiac 788/some 772's seat. I cant stand that seat for its horrible lack of privacy and the fact that its connected to another seat and you feel rocking.

Looking at this Apex seat all I see is NO storage, and super narrow and have to imagine you must feel the person next to you since they are so close (when they move, get up, shift in bed, etc).

I know getting The Room or Q Suites on all planes isnt realistic but give me a normal 1-2-1 configured reverse herringbone seat any day and I'm happy.

I'm so hoping I can get an F seat but I am sure its going to be unlikely to open up on AA at this point.
The apex seats generally gets good feedback, the main draw back is indeed storage, but you can have your carry on under the ottoman, so no need to have to many loose items flying around. You can leave some items on the shelf under the screen. For the window and the middle seats, there is a storage pocket above and behind the seat, and the aisle seat has a small cubicle for storage. I have not noticed them rocking with the neighbour's movement like the AA ying yang seats are famous for. But can't rule out people more sensitive than me might pick up on that.

My approach is always the further in front the better, so I would go for 7K.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.