JAL-Delta Ticket

Old Feb 5, 20, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

JAL-Delta Ticket

Purchased a ticket from Delta, HIJ-HND-MSP-RDU with the HIJ-HND segment on JAL. Didn't realize that JAL and Delta don't codeshare, so when I check in at HIJ, will I be able to check bags all the way to RDU? Fortunately, I have 3h05 for the connection.

Since DL sold me the ticket, can I assume I'm protected against misconnects from JAL?

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 5, 20, 7:30 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Gold
You will have to pick up your bags and recheck at MSP since that’s your first port of entry to the US.

you should be protected for delays since everything is on a single ticket.
Old Feb 5, 20, 7:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
In summary, JAL domestic will not interline with Delta international. You will need to pick up your luggage at HND domestic arrivals, and go with it to HND international departures. It is super smooth and involves the bus ride, but ok.
As for misconnects, yes, you would be protected by DL (simply means rerouted via a flight to another US city.)
Old Feb 5, 20, 7:59 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Tokyoite View Post
In summary, JAL domestic will not interline with Delta international. You will need to pick up your luggage at HND domestic arrivals, and go with it to HND international departures. It is super smooth and involves the bus ride, but ok.
As for misconnects, yes, you would be protected by DL (simply means rerouted via a flight to another US city.)
JL has interline agreement with DL.
Old Feb 5, 20, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

Yes, I should have remembered that part. It looks like I'll have to re-clear security at HND after changing terminals, but would be great to do that without luggage.

Thanks!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: