Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Possible to have one rev and one mileage on same flight?

Old Jan 29, 20, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG

I am looking to fly LAX-JAKARTA. There is a JAL flight through Tokyo. The one way ticket all the way to Jakarta is cheaper than just to Tokyo. Could I book a revenue LAX-NRT-CGK(Jakarta) in economy and then also book a NRT-CGK on the same leg but in business and with miles. The key being would the rev ticket still be valid and would I be entitled to miles on the NRT-CGK leg.
Old Jan 29, 20, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Originally Posted by tobikosan View Post
I am looking to fly LAX-JAKARTA. There is a JAL flight through Tokyo. The one way ticket all the way to Jakarta is cheaper than just to Tokyo. Could I book a revenue LAX-NRT-CGK(Jakarta) in economy and then also book a NRT-CGK on the same leg but in business and with miles. The key being would the rev ticket still be valid and would I be entitled to miles on the NRT-CGK leg.
You can't be ticketed twice on the same flight.
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Jan 29, 20, 7:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Duh...you cant have two tickets on the same international flight. One will be cancelled, likely the revenue flight.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: