Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Online checkin & print at home boarding pass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2020, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ua *s, kl se, asiana *g

I asked a question in the Asia forum about transit at TPE and it seems that part of the challenge may be better answered here...

So, any thoughts as whether I am likely to have any problems printing my boarding pass at home (well, in a hotel) for a JAL TPE-KIX flight? To further complicate things, the ticket has been issued by British Airways so is on 125-stock.

Plan is to remain airside at TPE and overnight in the capsule hotel there, but will need to be able to meet security requirements arriving off an evening flight from Borneo.

Thank you.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 10:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
So, you plan to overnight at Plaza Premium Transit Hotel (airside)?
Should be no problem. You simply explain to the transit security that you will receive your boarding pass at the transit desk.
then after transit security, go to the hotel and overnight.
From there, go to the JAL transfers desk to receive your boarding pass.
Hopefully you don't have checked luggage connecting across your two separate tickets, which would complicate things.
https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/airport/tpe/transit/
"If you are transferring to flights departing from Terminal 1, please go down to level 1 from the center of the concourse and take the free Skytrain to Terminal 1. Then please go to the transfers counter at Terminal 1 and present your baggage claim tag and your connecting flight ticket to receive your boarding pass, and proceed to your departure gate."
Old Jan 27, 2020, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
So, you plan to overnight at Plaza Premium Transit Hotel (airside)?
Should be no problem. You simply explain to the transit security that you will receive your boarding pass at the transit desk.
then after transit security, go to the hotel and overnight.
From there, go to the JAL transfers desk to receive your boarding pass.
Hopefully you don't have checked luggage connecting across your two separate tickets, which would complicate things.
https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/airport/tpe/transit/
"If you are transferring to flights departing from Terminal 1, please go down to level 1 from the center of the concourse and take the free Skytrain to Terminal 1. Then please go to the transfers counter at Terminal 1 and present your baggage claim tag and your connecting flight ticket to receive your boarding pass, and proceed to your departure gate."
So we land on MH at 9pm and depart on JAL about 9am the next morning. No checked bags and will be staying in the new capsule hotel airside.

My concern is as follows...
1) Can't print BPs for JAL before we leave Malaysia
2) Arrive at TPE but no JAL transfer desk open as it's so late, so can't get BPs issued
3) Transit security won't allow us through without a boarding pass
4) My confirmed booking for the new capsule hotel at TPE is useless.

However you are saying that transit security is before the transit desks themselves, which gets around a large part of the problem.

Thanks
Old Jan 27, 2020, 1:27 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by swiss Julie
So we land on MH at 9pm and depart on JAL about 9am the next morning. No checked bags and will be staying in the new capsule hotel airside.

My concern is as follows...
1) Can't print BPs for JAL before we leave Malaysia
2) Arrive at TPE but no JAL transfer desk open as it's so late, so can't get BPs issued
3) Transit security won't allow us through without a boarding pass
4) My confirmed booking for the new capsule hotel at TPE is useless.

However you are saying that transit security is before the transit desks themselves, which gets around a large part of the problem.

Thanks
Both MH lands/departs from T1, while JL lands/departs from T2.
From the airport transfer information, transfer desks are BEFORE security check to enter departure zone. (link)
However, JAL transfer desks will not be open then.

Based on a casual search, I see that TPE is one of the Airports allowing online boarding pass (link from Asiana).
So, you should be fine to pass security check with your home boarding pass.
But, no guarantees of course.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 2:28 am
Original Poster

This the problem. Am seeing mixed messages about how effective JAL's online check in service is.

To further complicate matters, the ticket has been issued by British Airways as an award booking...

Thanks for your assistance - I've attempted to contact both JAL and TPE but so far no response from either.

Do you know who the handling agent is for JAL at TPE?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.