FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank-513/)
-   -   JL745 - NRT to MNL business class - Neo Seats? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank/2005882-jl745-nrt-mnl-business-class-neo-seats.html)

dsantos08 Jan 23, 2020 1:54 pm

JL745 - NRT to MNL business class - Neo Seats?

I'm booked on the NRT to MNL flight in business class in November of this year. I noticed that that JAL is flying the 788 with the Neo Seats which I'm not too happy about.

What are the chances that they would fly a 767 or 787 with a better business class seat? Does JAL have a equipment change schedule they publish for 2020?

JALPak Jan 23, 2020 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by dsantos08 (Post 31986646)
I'm booked on the NRT to MNL flight in business class in November of this year. I noticed that that JAL is flying the 788 with the Neo Seats which I'm not too happy about.

What are the chances that they would fly a 767 or 787 with a better business class seat? Does JAL have a equipment change schedule they publish for 2020?

If you aren't happy with NEO, pick a different airline and try their regional product then. You are flying a regional flight with flight time of 5 hours and it's not a red-eye flight. Just be glad it's not a recliner.

If you want to know the seat type, wait for winter schedule to be announced in 6-7 months. No one knows what JAL will use on that route.

CPH-Flyer Jan 23, 2020 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by dsantos08 (Post 31986646)

The NEO seats are pretty comfortable for a day time flight. Lots of space. Pick a bulkhead and you almost have room to dance in front of the seat.

JALPak Jan 23, 2020 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer (Post 31987370)
The NEO seats are pretty comfortable for a day time flight. Lots of space. Pick a bulkhead and you almost have room to dance in front of the seat.

it’s not a day time flight lol the flight departs at 18:05 :p But it’s still a short haul flight ;)

SKT-DK Jan 23, 2020 7:24 pm

Just because better products exist it does not mean that the Neo product is bad. It is not an overnight flight, and as CPH-Flyer says, the seats are pretty comfortable and spacious. They send these planes to Bangkok too, and here it is even on over-night flights - and to be honest, I have little problem with those.

Lots can happen between now and November.

CPH-Flyer Jan 23, 2020 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak (Post 31987564)
it’s not a day time flight lol the flight departs at 18:05 :p But it’s still a short haul flight ;)

Semi day time :D