Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus travel waiver / service changes

Coronavirus travel waiver / service changes

Old Feb 27, 2020, 4:04 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I'll offer pictures of the wrapped delicacies....

NRT timing did not suit my needs.
there will be none on display unless by delicacies you meant sandwiches lol
Old Feb 27, 2020, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JALPak
there will be none on display unless by delicacies you meant sandwiches lol
Wrapped "delicacies"?

What is specifically on offer
Old Feb 27, 2020, 4:12 pm

Wrapped "delicacies"?

What is specifically on offer
Corona?
Old Feb 27, 2020, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Corona?
Would be hilarious if that was the bottled beer they picked...
Old Feb 27, 2020, 5:14 pm

Would be hilarious if that was the bottled beer they picked...
Didn't someone said they still have self-served beer? So won't have bottled beer. It would be corona beer machine
Old Feb 27, 2020, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Shame if they are pulling the liquor bottles entirely and won't allow staff to make drinks from them. I don't see having self serve beer any less risky than self serve liquor except maybe the ice. But that could be solved by a mechanical ice dispenser that's common in most of the rest of the world.

I guess for HND at least, lesson is that there's no need to arrive any earlier than necessary to meet check in cutoff. We had one member in the thread above say they are using NRT tomorrow so looking forward to that report. Hopefully cooler heads prevail at the other OW lounges if the F lounge is equally disappointing to Sakura during this.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dvs7310
Shame if they are pulling the liquor bottles entirely and won't allow staff to make drinks from them. I don't see having self serve beer any less risky than self serve liquor except maybe the ice. But that could be solved by a mechanical ice dispenser that's common in most of the rest of the world.

I guess for HND at least, lesson is that there's no need to arrive any earlier than necessary to meet check in cutoff. We had one member in the thread above say they are using NRT tomorrow so looking forward to that report. Hopefully cooler heads prevail at the other OW lounges if the F lounge is equally disappointing to Sakura during this.
The member in question cancelled the trip. So no current outlook for a NRT F Lounge report.
​​​​​
Old Feb 27, 2020, 9:46 pm

The member in question cancelled the trip. So no current outlook for a NRT F Lounge report.
​​​​​
Ah, ok. Guess in that case I may be the first to report this coming Thursday.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 3:35 am

All domestic tickets departing between 2/28 and 3/12 are now eligible for free change and refund

https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/dom/200228/
Old Feb 28, 2020, 3:45 am

https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/202...226/index.html

JAL First Class Lounge and Sakura Lounge at NRT satellite building are closed until further notice. Tentatively planning to reopen on March 29 2020.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 4:23 am

https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/202...226/index.html

JAL First Class Lounge and Sakura Lounge at NRT satellite building are closed until further notice. Tentatively planning to reopen on March 29 2020.
That sucks. Last time I was at NRT, only the satellite F lounge had the good Japanese whisky. Wanna say it is Yamazaki 12, but could have been a Hibiki. Nothing wrong with the higher end Scotches they have in the main F lounge, but aged Yamazaki and Hibiki is hard to find and makes it a bit more special. Then again, this is if we can access it at all, or if they've forbidden all but drinking beer during Corona.

I have to wonder how much the Japanese health ministry isn't telling us. Basically so far there haven't been so many cases reported here, but JAL and the country as a whole is going pretty far overboard in closures this week. It all seems typical knee-jerk over-reaction, unless there is a lot more they aren't reporting to the public living here.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sakura Lounge Skyview the evening offers beer from the machine, fountain softdrinks, perrier and Schweppes tonic in bottles, coffee and tea to drink.

A few select items from the normal selection wrapped on individual plates. Apart from the two below, there was croissants, scones (green tea and olain), Danish pastry, fresh fruit, muffin, madeleines, and taiyaki
The kitkats are also around.

Some people are getting red or white wine and champagne in miniatures need to find out how that works.

​​​​​
JALPak likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 6:11 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Sakura Lounge Skyview the evening offers beer from the machine, fountain softdrinks, perrier and Schweppes tonic in bottles, coffee and tea to drink.

A few select items from the normal selection wrapped on individual plates. Apart from the two below, there was croissants, scones (green tea and olain), Danish pastry, fresh fruit, muffin, madeleines, and taiyaki
The kitkats are also around.

Some people are getting red or white wine and champagne in miniatures need to find out how that works.​​​​​
Same miniatures they serve on board? Pretty sure I've seen miniature red/white/sparkling.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by percysmith
Same miniatures they serve on board? Pretty sure I've seen miniature red/white/sparkling.
Economy red and white, PY champagne. Just ask and it will appear.
percysmith likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 7:11 pm

Economy red and white, PY champagne. Just ask and it will appear.
Much better than anticipated. Did you happen to inquire about availability of harder booze, i.e. whisky?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.