Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus travel waiver / service changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Coronavirus travel waiver / service changes

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2020, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by bakaneko85
Here’s a screenshot of the price of JL925 on Jul 27th. Sure this is on Sat, but as technically you are allowed to book and change as you please, you can simply book this and change it to your 1st preference 47k yen flight.. right?

Further, as technically you can change this booking for any flight within half a year of the original boarding date, you can technically change it To any date till late Nov.. no restriction.

If it s late July, there are plenty of cheap flights there. I don't think the waiver covers July yet.

If you can find that price for June 27th I might rethink my mini break plans.

Edit. Yeah I see it on June 27th.a Saturday departure, which why I did not find the price. Isn't there a booked before a certain point requirement as well? Meaning if you book now, you might not get the generous rebooking policy?
Old May 29, 2020, 10:48 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
The seat blocking measure will end after June 30 2020. Passengers will be separated into boarding group of 10-20 passengers so they can board and disinfect their own seats if needed
Old May 30, 2020, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JALPak
The seat blocking measure will end after June 30 2020. Passengers will be separated into boarding group of 10-20 passengers so they can board and disinfect their own seats if needed
That should probably do wonders for availability and pricing....
Old May 30, 2020, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
That should probably do wonders for availability and pricing....
I wonder how much padding they will need for the schedule now. Imagine boarding a domestic 777-300, 20 pax at a time and allow them to disinfect their seats before boarding the next group.
Old May 30, 2020, 3:15 am

Programs: JGC premier
If it s late July, there are plenty of cheap flights there. I don't think the waiver covers July yet.

If you can find that price for June 27th I might rethink my mini break plans.

Edit. Yeah I see it on June 27th.a Saturday departure, which why I did not find the price. Isn't there a booked before a certain point requirement as well? Meaning if you book now, you might not get the generous rebooking policy?
that’s the thing, the rule as I understand it doesn’t put any limitation based on when a tix is purchased, only on boarding date. Meaning great arbitrage opportunity especially for those who are thinking of traveling on peak dates like Obon.
Old May 30, 2020, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

that’s the thing, the rule as I understand it doesn’t put any limitation based on when a tix is purchased, only on boarding date. Meaning great arbitrage opportunity especially for those who are thinking of traveling on peak dates like Obon.
I'd need to reread the rules to be certain.
Old May 30, 2020, 4:21 am

Programs: JGC premier
I'd need to reread the rules to be certain.
let me know once you do. My tickets’ payment deadline is this Sunday
Old May 30, 2020, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

let me know once you do. My tickets’ payment deadline is this Sunday
I don't see any restrictions mentioned on when the booking was made, as far as I can see.
bakaneko85 likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 6:07 pm

JAL just updated the special handling for international tix, March ~August departure, I was supposed to go to Tokyo on 7/3, now it’s no way to travel during the entry restriction and pandemic thinking about the possibility rebook to the end of November, does anyone know if JAL allows another changes if the entry restriction/emergency lockdown is still active by then?
Old Jun 4, 2020, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Amy Han
JAL just updated the special handling for international tix, March ~August departure, I was supposed to go to Tokyo on 7/3, now it’s no way to travel during the entry restriction and pandemic thinking about the possibility rebook to the end of November, does anyone know if JAL allows another changes if the entry restriction/emergency lockdown is still active by then?
If there are entry restriction in place by then, I am fairly sure they will allow a rebooking or a refund at that point in time. But of course, it is impossible to say with 100% certainty.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

New waiver published June 4th

JAL has extended the rebooking and cancellation waiver until 31.08.2020

https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/202..._02/index.html

As ANA already did that to allow people with the flight going to the postponed Olympics and Paralympics it is hardly surprising that JAL follows up with the same extension of the waiver.
Admiral Ackbar likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 6:35 pm

If there are entry restriction in place by then, I am fairly sure they will allow a rebooking or a refund at that point in time. But of course, it is impossible to say with 100% certainty.
in other words, just take the refund already and not worry about it
Old Jun 4, 2020, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JALPak
in other words, just take the refund already and not worry about it
I certainly picked refund over rebook. Though with the current reduced schedules and pricing, you may end up with a far more expensive ticket than you had in the first place. So that is not entirely without risk either.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 9:46 pm

I certainly picked refund over rebook. Though with the current reduced schedules and pricing, you may end up with a far more expensive ticket than you had in the first place. So that is not entirely without risk either.
that’s true, going to sleep on it and decide tmrw! Grrr...
Old Jun 4, 2020, 9:55 pm

it’s fine, JAL needs the extra profits from us

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.