Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus travel waiver / service changes

Coronavirus travel waiver / service changes

Old Mar 9, 2020, 1:34 pm
  #151  
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Programs: Free agent
Posts: 1,297
Originally Posted by TTmex
I have just had time change on my itinerary for MEX-DFW-NRT-HAN. It's asking me to confirm or decline. If I decline, does it let me get a full refund or just get booked on to alternate flights?

Having paid in USD with a MXN card, this might be an opportunity to cancel and avoid any covid problems, but also bag nearly 20pc in value as I bought when dollar was at 18 and is now 21.5.

Thanks in advance
You can definitely cancel for a full refund, I canceled two US-NRT-BKK tickets a week ago after the transit Japan was added, it took a few days for them to calculate the refund as one of the tickets was mid-trip (exactly halfway.) That one was booked via AmEx Travel, the other was booked via AA and both were refunded in full.
jmail1 is offline  
Old Mar 10, 2020, 12:48 am
  #152  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JGC premier
Posts: 349
JL announced that they’re planning to do some FOP campaigns going forward. Let’s see what they have in store going forward.. My wish list is maybe double FOP? Not only on domestic but overseas routes

現在、新型コロナウイルス肺炎の感染拡大がニュース等でも取り上げられております。
 一部路線での運休、減便により、ご利用のお客さまにはご不便をおかけし、
 誠に申し訳ございません。

 また、ご予定いただいておりましたご旅程のキャンセルや、
 変更のご検討をされていらっしゃるかと存じます。

 昨今の状況を鑑み、今後の2020年のJALグループ便のご搭乗で、
 ボーナスFLY ON ポイントを進呈するキャンペーンを実施する予定でございます。
 詳細につきましては、決まり次第JAL Webサイトやメールニュースでお知らせいたしますので、
 今しばらくお待ちいただきますようお願いいたします。
bakaneko85 is offline  
Old Mar 10, 2020, 12:52 am
  #153  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Posts: 21,396
Originally Posted by bakaneko85
JL announced that they’re planning to do some FOP campaigns going forward. Let’s see what they have in store going forward.. My wish list is maybe double FOP? Not only on domestic but overseas routes

現在、新型コロナウイルス肺炎の感染拡大がニュース等でも取り上げられております。
 一部路線での運休、減便により、ご利用のお客さまにはご不便をおかけし、
 誠に申し訳ございません。

 また、ご予定いただいておりましたご旅程のキャンセルや、
 変更のご検討をされていらっしゃるかと存じます。

 昨今の状況を鑑み、今後の2020年のJALグループ便のご搭乗で、
 ボーナスFLY ON ポイントを進呈するキャンペーンを実施する予定でございます。
 詳細につきましては、決まり次第JAL Webサイトやメールニュースでお知らせいたしますので、
 今しばらくお待ちいただきますようお願いいたします。
I got the mail as well. I guess we will just have to wait until an end is in sight, and see what they come up with.

400 boarding points on all booking classes?
CPH-Flyer is online now  
Old Mar 10, 2020, 12:54 am
  #154  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Posts: 16,421
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I got the mail as well. I guess we will just have to wait until an end is in sight, and see what they come up with.

400 boarding points on all booking classes?
FOP bonus isn't enough. They need to extend mileage expirations for non JCP/Diamond members too. But keep charging for the freeloaders obviously!
JALPak is offline  
Old Mar 12, 2020, 2:23 am
  #155  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 8
Ask for refund of award ticket

I booked a few of JAL domestic flights. Some of them are using avios to redeem.

Since the departure date falls into the waiver period, I called BA hotline for refund and they said all domestic flight tickets issued outside of Japan cannot be refunded.

Is there anything I can do?
spitz8823 is offline  
Old Mar 12, 2020, 2:47 am
  #156  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Posts: 16,421
Originally Posted by spitz8823
I booked a few of JAL domestic flights. Some of them are using avios to redeem.

Since the departure date falls into the waiver period, I called BA hotline for refund and they said all domestic flight tickets issued outside of Japan cannot be refunded.

Is there anything I can do?
the waiver clearly excludes domestic tickets not issued in Japan, as well as non 131 stock tickets. You will have to follow BA fare rules for refund and cancellation.
JALPak is offline  
Old Mar 13, 2020, 4:42 pm
  #157  
TA
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: if it's Thursday, this must be Belgium
Programs: UA 1K MM
Posts: 6,484
Seems JL is trying very hard not to admit that they should issue waivers into April, as their current policies only cover to March 28 (not even 31!), and yet other airlines are giving guidance / waivers clear to the end of April...
TA is offline  
Old Mar 13, 2020, 8:22 pm
  #158  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Posts: 21,396
Originally Posted by TA
Seems JL is trying very hard not to admit that they should issue waivers into April, as their current policies only cover to March 28 (not even 31!), and yet other airlines are giving guidance / waivers clear to the end of April...
March 28 is timetable change to summer schedule, not that illogical cut of date. The April waivers will come, in due time.
Tokyoite likes this.
CPH-Flyer is online now  
Old Mar 13, 2020, 9:01 pm
  #159  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Posts: 16,421
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
March 28 is timetable change to summer schedule, not that illogical cut of date. The April waivers will come, in due time.
The current policy already cover travels till at least early April.
JALPak is offline  
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:56 pm
  #160  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Mexico
Programs: BAEC Gold / SQ *A Gold / Marriott Titanium
Posts: 3,615
How long does a refund generally take to a credit card? I'm looking at cancelling my trip because I had a schedule change. Just curious how long the wait times are right now

Thanks
TTmex is online now  
Old Mar 15, 2020, 11:31 pm
  #161  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Programs: AA Exec Plat, Delta Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 197
I have a ticket that is half flown too (I still have the return flight). I was wondering how JAL calculates how much you are owed in return? An one way ticket costs more than a roundtrip so I’m afraid if I cancel the return, I’ll get nothing. Appreciate your insight. Thank you.


Originally Posted by jmail1
You can definitely cancel for a full refund, I canceled two US-NRT-BKK tickets a week ago after the transit Japan was added, it took a few days for them to calculate the refund as one of the tickets was mid-trip (exactly halfway.) That one was booked via AmEx Travel, the other was booked via AA and both were refunded in full.
lifeisart is offline  
Old Mar 16, 2020, 2:08 pm
  #162  
TA
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: if it's Thursday, this must be Belgium
Programs: UA 1K MM
Posts: 6,484
Originally Posted by JALPak
The current policy already cover travels till at least early April.
I repeat that I believe JAL is trying to avoid cancellations and delay acting. The only international route they have issued a waiver for beyond April 1 is Bangalore -- which is implausible in the face of so many other airlines significantly modifying / cancelling / issuing waivers to customers.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/202...28/?inbound=ar
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/202...313/index.html

I suspect they are under some either financial pressure or political pressure not to show serious disruptions to their operations, maybe in support of the Olympics issue.
dvs7310 and h0ney13 like this.
TA is offline  
Old Mar 16, 2020, 2:23 pm
  #163  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Posts: 16,421
Originally Posted by TA
I repeat that I believe JAL is trying to avoid cancellations and delay acting. The only international route they have issued a waiver for beyond April 1 is Bangalore -- which is implausible in the face of so many other airlines significantly modifying / cancelling / issuing waivers to customers.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/202...28/?inbound=ar
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/202...313/index.html

I suspect they are under some either financial pressure or political pressure not to show serious disruptions to their operations, maybe in support of the Olympics issue.
this is simply incorrect as I have stated previously. Is it really that hard to read the waivers correctly?

https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/202..._02/index.html
JALPak is offline  
Old Mar 16, 2020, 11:30 pm
  #164  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SoCal (ONT), PVD/BOS, JAX, RSW
Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Posts: 3,189
Because of the decree out of Malacañang, we just swapped our 3/31 MNL-DOH-LAX to 3/19 MNL-NRT-LAX. As of yesterday, JL746 was fairly light in Y and C, and now it is full in both cabins.
fgirard is offline  
Old Mar 17, 2020, 6:02 am
  #165  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Posts: 16,421
https://press.jal.co.jp/en/release/202003/005549.html

finally start seeing long haul cuts. This time mainly targeting North America. EU is next?
JALPak is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.