New A359 X02 config for peak season

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2020, 9:11 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
New A359 X02 config for peak season

https://press.jal.co.jp/ja/release/202001/005456.html

apparently A359 config can be changed in 4 days with QCC. So JL is going to reconfig some A359 during peak season gland deploy to popular routes like HND-OKA. The new X02 config will have reduced Class J cabin (94 -> 56) and a bigger Y cabin (263 a
-> 323). This isn’t good for people trying to upgrade to Class J on day of departure.

Old Jan 21, 2020, 11:28 am

Programs: JMB, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Ah, less J seats w/ more competition in Y. Probably a good thing overall for the airline though.

Also, pretty cool that they're able to make these quick changes! I wonder if there'll be a way to figure out when these changes happen and if they'll be published somewhere.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lokisnake
Ah, less J seats w/ more competition in Y. Probably a good thing overall for the airline though.

Also, pretty cool that they're able to make these quick changes! I wonder if there'll be a way to figure out when these changes happen and if they'll be published somewhere.
Only way to know is look at the seat map and they can even change the config based on load on day of departure if they are fit. But I guess the only good thing is more “cheap” Y fares for MRers who don’t use JEP.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I am surprised that they call 4 days a quick change. If a quick chance, I'd expect them to do this overnight.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I am surprised that they call 4 days a quick change. If a quick chance, I'd expect them to do this overnight.
Compared to other aircrafts it's quick I guess? I wonder how many extra spare Y seats they need to store for this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 1:26 am

Programs: JMB, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Is the new config only showing up starting in FY2020? I've got a flight on the A350 before then
Old Jan 22, 2020, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by lokisnake
Is the new config only showing up starting in FY2020? I've got a flight on the A350 before then
It will show up in peak vacation seasons, when they need more capacity.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It will show up in peak vacation seasons, when they need more capacity.
Expect summer and olympics or even as early as golden week

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.