Wiki Posts
Search

Tokyo to Manila in Business

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2020, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, United Silver, Hertz Presidents
Tokyo to Manila in Business

Has anyone any advice on how nice it is to fly in J to Manila from Tokyo in JAL vs CX metal? I am booked on CX going to MNL from JFK, on CX 777s, first to HKG, then to MNL. I was looking at the web, also the Cathay forum here, and it seems lot of people don't think the CX J product (regionally) is very good. I was considering skipping CX and going on JAL instead. F and J miles redemption. Thanks for any feedback. Cheers.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 2:55 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
HKG-MNL is a very short flight....you will get a full CX J service though.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ausriver
HKG-MNL is a very short flight....you will get a full CX J service though.
Thx. I had a similar post on the CX forum. I will try to go home via TYO so I can try both. On the itinerary it says 2h 40m, so I started getting uncomfortable considering I'd have been sitting for so long (drive to JFK, waiting, 16 hr flight, waiting in lounge 2 hrs, then 2h 40 m).
Old Jan 19, 2020, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by olindacat
Thx. I had a similar post on the CX forum. I will try to go home via TYO so I can try both. On the itinerary it says 2h 40m, so I started getting uncomfortable considering I'd have been sitting for so long (drive to JFK, waiting, 16 hr flight, waiting in lounge 2 hrs, then 2h 40 m).
The CX regional seats are not great, but they are not terrible either. You'll survive just fine.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Ya. I'm on 841 right now and am sure I'll be a zombie by the time I land on that J seat.... Couldn't get the 350 done, but am sure this'll suffice. Thanks all!
Old Jan 22, 2020, 3:12 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
The thread has been closed since the OP started a similar thread in the CX forum.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/2004947-cx-vs-jal-f-j-long-haul-regional.html

NewbieRunner
senior moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.