Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL Diamond Service Selection and the Gift Catalog

Old Jan 16, 20, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JGC Diamond, OW Emerald, Amtrak Select Plus,Hotels.com Gold

Quick question,

For the Diamond/Premier Service Selection, originally I was going to take the coupons, but on a lark I flipped through the catalog. I was debating getting a new watch, and noticed they had some decent Casio's listed. Has anyone in America tried claiming the gift and have it sent to the states to a "friend"? Also, if I'm reading the Japanese right, it looks like we can only order the gift between 3/1 and 6/30.

Anyone outside of Japan have any experience with this option they'd like to share? Would hate to select the option and then end up with the usual "Sorry, this is not available outside of Japan" nonsense.

Thanks.
Old Jan 20, 20, 4:01 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by NYCBunny View Post
Quick question,

For the Diamond/Premier Service Selection, originally I was going to take the coupons, but on a lark I flipped through the catalog. I was debating getting a new watch, and noticed they had some decent Casio's listed. Has anyone in America tried claiming the gift and have it sent to the states to a "friend"? Also, if I'm reading the Japanese right, it looks like we can only order the gift between 3/1 and 6/30.

Anyone outside of Japan have any experience with this option they'd like to share? Would hate to select the option and then end up with the usual "Sorry, this is not available outside of Japan" nonsense.

Thanks.
It will be sent to your registered address, not to a third party address.
Havent tried it though.
Doubt there is a watch costing more than 60k JPY on that catalog. But I could be mistaken.
Old Jan 22, 20, 7:58 am
mhy

Programs: JAL Diamond / Oneworld Emerald
Related question; eJAL Points are not allowed for non-Japan members (I'm a US member)?
Old Jan 22, 20, 8:32 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by mhy View Post
Related question; eJAL Points are not allowed for non-Japan members (I'm a US member)?
How is this unclear to you? are you going to ask for compensation as a result of this too?

Old Jan 22, 20, 8:44 am
mhy

Programs: JAL Diamond / Oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
How is this unclear to you? are you going to ask for compensation as a result of this too?

Touch

Search this Thread
Search Engine: