Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PNR frequent flyer program "dilemma"

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2020, 2:30 am
Original Poster

PNR frequent flyer program "dilemma"

I booked a trip in economy on JAL via OTA.

I wasn't able to specify frequent flyer program while booking at OTA, but I can update it through "hack" as described in this post.

I have OWE through Qatar Platinum, so I configured my QPC nr. figuring to possibly get OWE benefits like seat blocking, but in regards to miles for the trip; I think I prefer to credit to JMB as I have 10k in JMB from a previously credited QR segment, which is not that useful now, but when crediting this flight I'd have 15k in JMB which would be enough for a premium economy upgrade on a future JAL flight and I guess crediting this flight to QPC would just be a drop in a bucket as QR miles are not worth less and I figure the QPC Platinum 100% bonus miles doesn't apply on partner airlines.

Any thoughts? I figure to ask to change frequent flyer program to JMB at check-in.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
There is not much in terms of seat benefits for OWE on JAL. There are a few rows that you can pick, but I have never seen evidence of a seat block, even as a JAL Diamond.

So, if you want to accrue to JAL I'd just change the nunber now if it was me.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 4:26 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Check the price of upgradable economy ticket and premium economy ticket. You may change your mind afterwards.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 5:29 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
What OWE benefits?
other than lounge access and priority boarding, nothing more.
Dont put the QR FFP number on. Just show your card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.