Interlining baggage

Old Jan 12, 20, 9:44 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Interlining baggage

Hey Everyone,

I am curious if anyone has had success interlining JAL to non OW carriers ? I see on expertflyer that JAL has agreements in place. I have had success checking through to OW carriers on multiple PNRs / tickets but have never tried going out of alliance.

I am transferring from JAL J to SQ J in Singapore hoping to avoid wasting much time going through immigration.

Anyone have any experiences?

thanks!
Old Jan 13, 20, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Originally Posted by footastic View Post
Hey Everyone,

I am curious if anyone has had success interlining JAL to non OW carriers ? I see on expertflyer that JAL has agreements in place. I have had success checking through to OW carriers on multiple PNRs / tickets but have never tried going out of alliance.

I am transferring from JAL J to SQ J in Singapore hoping to avoid wasting much time going through immigration.

Anyone have any experiences?

thanks!
I would exoect they actually would do. Though have not tried.

In case it fails, Singapore Changi offers a service where you can go to the transfer counter, and have your luggage re tagged for the next flight without having to go and pick it up yourself.
LTN Phobia likes this.
Old Jan 13, 20, 12:44 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
In case it fails, Singapore Changi offers a service where you can go to the transfer counter, and have your luggage re tagged for the next flight without having to go and pick it up yourself.
I confirm it works rather well. It may take a bit of time, so don't faff about doing duty free shopping first though. Arrange for the bag transfer first, and then go shopping
CPH-Flyer likes this.
Old Jan 13, 20, 1:09 am

I know OP is talking about SQ, but do they do that for even budget airlines? It would save the hassle of having to wait in line.
As in, you fly in on one airline, and can re-tag to any other airline you are flying out of? Or only select ones.
Old Jan 13, 20, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Originally Posted by s0ssos View Post
I know OP is talking about SQ, but do they do that for even budget airlines? It would save the hassle of having to wait in line.
As in, you fly in on one airline, and can re-tag to any other airline you are flying out of? Or only select ones.
Budget airlines typically don't accept luggage from other airlines. So if you are thinking Scoot, Air Asia, and the like, it will not work for JAL.
Old Jan 13, 20, 11:29 am

Budget airlines typically don't accept luggage from other airlines. So if you are thinking Scoot, Air Asia, and the like, it will not work for JAL.
Then what about from Scoot to someone else?
Old Jan 13, 20, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by s0ssos View Post
Then what about from Scoot to someone else?
Zero chance of that being possible.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: