FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank-513/)
-   -   Interlining baggage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank/2004066-interlining-baggage.html)

footastic Jan 12, 2020 9:44 pm

Interlining baggage

Hey Everyone,

I am curious if anyone has had success interlining JAL to non OW carriers ? I see on expertflyer that JAL has agreements in place. I have had success checking through to OW carriers on multiple PNRs / tickets but have never tried going out of alliance.

I am transferring from JAL J to SQ J in Singapore hoping to avoid wasting much time going through immigration.

Anyone have any experiences?

thanks!

CPH-Flyer Jan 13, 2020 12:27 am

Originally Posted by footastic (Post 31943015)
Hey Everyone,

I am curious if anyone has had success interlining JAL to non OW carriers ? I see on expertflyer that JAL has agreements in place. I have had success checking through to OW carriers on multiple PNRs / tickets but have never tried going out of alliance.

I am transferring from JAL J to SQ J in Singapore hoping to avoid wasting much time going through immigration.

Anyone have any experiences?

thanks!

I would exoect they actually would do. Though have not tried.

In case it fails, Singapore Changi offers a service where you can go to the transfer counter, and have your luggage re tagged for the next flight without having to go and pick it up yourself.

LTN Phobia Jan 13, 2020 12:44 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer (Post 31943309)
In case it fails, Singapore Changi offers a service where you can go to the transfer counter, and have your luggage re tagged for the next flight without having to go and pick it up yourself.

I confirm it works rather well. It may take a bit of time, so don't faff about doing duty free shopping first though. Arrange for the bag transfer first, and then go shopping :D

s0ssos Jan 13, 2020 1:09 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer (Post 31943309)

I know OP is talking about SQ, but do they do that for even budget airlines? It would save the hassle of having to wait in line.
As in, you fly in on one airline, and can re-tag to any other airline you are flying out of? Or only select ones.

CPH-Flyer Jan 13, 2020 1:37 am

Originally Posted by s0ssos (Post 31943432)
I know OP is talking about SQ, but do they do that for even budget airlines? It would save the hassle of having to wait in line.
As in, you fly in on one airline, and can re-tag to any other airline you are flying out of? Or only select ones.

Budget airlines typically don't accept luggage from other airlines. So if you are thinking Scoot, Air Asia, and the like, it will not work for JAL.

s0ssos Jan 13, 2020 11:29 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer (Post 31943479)
Budget airlines typically don't accept luggage from other airlines. So if you are thinking Scoot, Air Asia, and the like, it will not work for JAL.

Then what about from Scoot to someone else?

CPH-Flyer Jan 13, 2020 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by s0ssos (Post 31945191)
Then what about from Scoot to someone else?

Zero chance of that being possible.