Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Domestic flight booked on JL website, cannot register OW number

Old Jan 9, 20, 8:48 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance

I booked a couple of domestic flights on JL website and paid for them. However, I have been unable to register my OW (BA to be specific) membership number despite trying a few times for the last couple of days.

In fact, I cannot even get the JL MMB to pull up the booking now (even though it let me do so yesterday). I tried three different browsers, and I tried both their English and Japanese sites, but it just says "A system error occurred. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please try again later."

Is anyone else having a similar issue, or is it just me?
Old Jan 9, 20, 3:20 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List, CX Diamond
Me too. since last November, or December.

Unfortunately, you couldn't retrieve your domestic site booking record when you register BA FFP number.
YES, 'WHEN REGSITERED BA No.'.

You got the error message when enter your BA FFP number at JAL domestic booking site.
Actually, your FFP number is registered properly.
But somehow, just after FFP number is registered, no longer JAL site couldn't retrieve your booking record.

Some JAL call center people know this problem. but they don't expect near term fix.
So, you have to call JAL call center to change seats, change booking, cancel booking.
If you ask the call center to remove your FFP number, you can access your booking via web.

BTW, I fly more than 40 domestic JAL flights as a BA member annually. It's so annoying.
Old Jan 10, 20, 3:46 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Ugh, thank you for the info - although that's definitely not what I was hoping to hear.
I haven't even assigned the seat so I guess I'd better call to make sure I don't end up in the middle seat of Class J.

I too fly at least 20 domestic JL flights with my BA number, so it gets pretty annoying.

I think I am going to leave off my BA number and try to remember to do it at check-in, where I then forget to mention it's BA and around 50% of check-in people stare at it, trying to figure out which airline it's with...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: