Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Accessing reservation on JAL website with AA booking

Old Jan 6, 20, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

Hi all

I've just made a booking with AA from HND to DFW as part of a wider AA ticket, but this sector is on JAL. I would like to reserve seats with JAL but don't have a JAL booking number as it was through AA. Is there any way to do this or do I need to speak with AA?

Many thanks
JB
Old Jan 6, 20, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by johnbonham View Post
I've just made a booking with AA from HND to DFW as part of a wider AA ticket, but this sector is on JAL. I would like to reserve seats with JAL but don't have a JAL booking number as it was through AA. Is there any way to do this or do I need to speak with AA?
Look here----> Selecting seats on JAL when booked as AA codeshare
Old Jan 8, 20, 2:11 am

The record locator usually is the same, the problem is how you spell your name. They like to do first name + middle initial altogether sometimes (John Meredith Smith becomes Smith, JohnM).
But you should be able to call JL and they can assign a seat for you.
Old Jan 12, 20, 8:11 pm

The JL and AA record locators are totally different. Call AA and ask them to provide the JL record locator,. Here is how I use the JL record locator to get my JL seats when booked in biz class award ticket.

Go to JL USA website
Do not login
Click on Manage Booking/Web check-in
Click on Manage Booking
Scroll down and click Search by Reservations
o Enter JL flight #
o Enter Boading date
o Enter Last Name
o Enter First Name (sometimes JL picks up my first & middle name)
o Enter JL record locator

This will bring up another screen and under select flight, you can
request special meal or
select seat

Last edited by joeaf; Jan 13, 20 at 3:45 am
Old Jan 12, 20, 10:25 pm

Programs: NZ
I had to call in recently for a QF booking reference. No problem .... but AA (and other airlines) should follow AS's example and give you the operating carrier's reference when you view your booking on the their website.

Last edited by minz56; Jan 13, 20 at 12:19 pm
Old Jan 13, 20, 7:36 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond
A couple of data points. Flying DFW -> NRT in J and returning HND -> JFK in F (paid tickets)
AA was able to select my seats without much difficulty
Trying to get on Manage My Booking to make sure a special meal was set for my partner who is Gluten Intolerant (not celiac but not a pretty sight). On my previous flights, I have been able to pull up my booking but this time, no luck whatsoever.

The flight is visible on Check My Trip so I know the JL PNR is correct. I have tried all the permutations of my first and middle name, going through the Japan side as well as the US side of the website with no success whatsoever.

I finally just call JL and I think I am set but it would be a little more comforting to be able to confirm.
Old Jan 15, 20, 8:40 am

Message AA with your record locator number and ask for a JAL PNR. Plug that new number into JAL and you'll be set.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: