Newbie to Jal..Kix-Cts in J

Old Jan 5, 20, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Starbucks Gold
Newbie to Jal..Kix-Cts in J

Hey everyone

Travelling Domestically for first time on 1st Feb 2020 JAL KIX-CTS (J explorer Fare) I'm also BA Silver. What lounge options will i have for this flight..and will i have access to a shower..since we'll have just come off a KLM flight. If not, are there public showers land side before we check in. Also What is JAL domestic J in 737 like?

many thanks & Happy Newyear!!
Old Jan 5, 20, 4:59 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Gold
Thereís only one domestic Sakura lounge available to you which is basically a room with minimal snack and drink. For shower, thereís public shower rental: https://www.kansai-airport.or.jp/en/.../relax/01.html

Unless you get the flight with internationally configured 73H, JAL Domestic Class J is more like premium economy. Basically itís a bigger seat with one or two added drink options.
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Jan 7, 20, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Looking at the Kix lounge..is it better to hang there for a few hrs than waste my time in bland Sakura Lounge..then go upstairs and go through security? How long should i allow for that scenario..or just get shower..then head through security and wait in lounge??

Many thxs
Old Jan 7, 20, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Originally Posted by jock View Post
Looking at the Kix lounge..is it better to hang there for a few hrs than waste my time in bland Sakura Lounge..then go upstairs and go through security? How long should i allow for that scenario..or just get shower..then head through security and wait in lounge??

Many thxs
I would go through security as late as possible. There is not much airside. Japanese domestic operations are pretty smooth, so probably I'd head through in the 45 minute to 30 minute window to departure.
Old Jan 8, 20, 7:16 pm

Are you already booked into class J? For JAL Explorer Pass fare, I thought you have to wait until day of departure to request upgrade to class J? KIX-CTS sounds unlikely to have business space to upgrade on day of departure.
Old Jan 8, 20, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by princesakura View Post
Are you already booked into class J? For JAL Explorer Pass fare, I thought you have to wait until day of departure to request upgrade to class J? KIX-CTS sounds unlikely to have business space to upgrade on day of departure.
J explorer fare as in xDONEx
Old Jan 10, 20, 12:53 am
Original Poster

Apologies...when i booked it..thought it was an explorer fare..its actually an advanced fare in J.
Old Jan 13, 20, 12:48 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Just remember that there isn't much food at the lounge, and there is no food on board (unless you consider candies 'food').
Old Jan 15, 20, 8:59 am
Original Poster

what exact lounge will i have access too? The youtube clips ive seen show plenty food..but maybe im looking at the wrong lounge.

I thought i was in this one: (starts at 1.00min)

Old Jan 15, 20, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by jock View Post
what exact lounge will i have access too? The youtube clips ive seen show plenty food..but maybe im looking at the wrong lounge.

I thought i was in this one: (starts at 1.00min)

https://youtu.be/O7o-XbbRd8s
As I said there's only ONE DOMESTIC Sakura Lounge at KIX. Domestic and International airside are separate.
Old Jan 15, 20, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Yep. International lounge in that video.
Old Jan 16, 20, 8:17 am
Original Poster

So This lounge then..wow..pretty grim

Thanks JALPak for all your help..lol
Old Jan 16, 20, 12:12 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
I believe there is a priority pass restaurant

Search this Thread
Search Engine: