Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

How would I book this fare WITH the stopovers

Old Dec 29, 19, 10:30 am
Original Poster

https://loyaltylobby.com/2019/12/29/...p/?omhide=true

Interestingly, this can be booked on JAL for basically the same price but neither Priceline nor JAL seem to have options for extending my stays in Tokyo. I'd love to pay extra $100 and max out my time there.
Old Dec 30, 19, 5:13 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Easy. I did it.
use matrix ita to specify booking code X on flight JL in business, departure dates within the limits in the blog post, make them +-2 days, and search JFK-TYO.
note down or screenshot when the dates are available.

then, repeat for NRT-KUL
then splice it as a multi city on matrix, to price it out.
JFK-TYO
NRT-KUL
KUL-NRT
TYO-JFK

Then either bookwithmatrix
or reproduce the multi city on jal.com

key is to find X space on all legs, and I find that the method above is effective.

if you donít know how to use matrix.....
advanced codes and put this
airline: JL+
Faring: F bc=x
kijhkijh likes this.
Old Jan 4, 20, 9:22 am
Original Poster

I was either late to the party or doing something wrong but looking for the X space the way you suggested did not yield any results. I eventually booked something for late March that I'm 90% happy with by using X:TYO and minconnect 48:00 for the stopover in Tokyo. The weird thing is that the ticket came up in the fare calendar but not when punching in specific dates (even with +/- buffers).

If you don't care about the stopovers there's tons of availability by simply searching round trips. AA sells these tix for $2005. They all seem to allow stopovers when you read fare rules but booking that is a whole other story. I called AA but they're not very helpful: "oh, we can't do anything, keep looking and call us back if you find it..." LOL

Search this Thread
Search Engine: