JAL Business Class Wine

Old Dec 13, 19, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond. Marriott: Platinum. AA: EXP 1MM. Delta: Silver. Etihad: Silver. Emirates Silver
JAL Business Class Wine

Iím currently onboard JL5 JFK-HND in J and am surprised at the wine list which has no full-bodied wines. I know it sounds a little ridiculous to be pointing out or complaining about the wine youíre drinking at 35,000 ft. but Iím genuinely surprised that there is hardly much variety in the offering. Right now all they have is a Syrah or a Pinot Noir, neither which are my favorites as Iím a full bodied type of person, Cabernetís, Bordeaux etc.

Is this selection normal for JAL or is this just an unusual selection? Also, is this wine selection offered on all routes or just on select? Pretty disappointing of this is all they have as I could have sworn I have had a Bordeaux onboard previously.
Is this normal or just unusual to have just two medium/light bodied wines onboard? (Sorry for the vertical uploading of the picture I canít seem to fix it)

Old Dec 13, 19, 2:46 pm

Programs: JAL Sapphire, UA Gold
Had that been a new world Syrah or a big northern Rhone like an Hermitage, it would've probably fit the full bodied bill, that co-op wine isn't that interesting. The Becker Pinot is great though if you like that sort of thing. I think I saw the same list NRT-LAX a couple of days ago but fell asleep and missed dinner altogether.
Old Dec 13, 19, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond. Marriott: Platinum. AA: EXP 1MM. Delta: Silver. Etihad: Silver. Emirates Silver
Lunch was fine, the wine was totally not worth staying awake for.
Old Dec 14, 19, 6:17 pm

Programs: ANA Diamond
Originally Posted by yabadoo View Post
Lunch was fine, the wine was totally not worth staying awake for.
What airline has good wine in J? I don't even bother with liquor in J.
Old Dec 15, 19, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Originally Posted by ETHFlyer View Post
What airline has good wine in J? I don't even bother with liquor in J.
Qatar has some quite decent wines in J. The pinot noir on the JAL list is quite nice as well.
Old Dec 16, 19, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
I am surprised that you call a CRozes Hermitage light body.
orbitmic and inego like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: