3A/3C on DFW to HND Or the mini cabin?

Old Dec 10, 19, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; AA Platinum
3A/3C on DFW to HND Or the mini cabin?

Here are my options so far and I am trying to figure out the better seat options. I currently have us in 3A/3C. Mini cabin is almost fully empty. Would love to hear your thoughts on this,

Old Dec 10, 19, 8:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Definitely 3A/C. I have sat in 3A many times and it is one of the best seats out there.

FYI, the rear cabin will get full with people who haven't done seat selection/online registration.
These are typically non-frequent travelers. In other words, the people who haven't selected seats (and don't know how) end up in the back cabin. That is why it is empty at the moment.
*Only elites can select those forward seats, and most elites who know to select seats in advance usually select the forward cabin.
Desirees likes this.
Old Dec 10, 19, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Sorry not sure how to phrase it properly but what’s the issue with non-frequent travelers?
Old Dec 11, 19, 2:39 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by peaches070 View Post
Sorry not sure how to phrase it properly but what’s the issue with non-frequent travelers?
It is not an issue.
However, they are most prone to not do seat selection before getting to the airport (either they don't know how to or don't realize the value of doing it)
Therefore, they end up getting the remaining window seats in the rear cabin, or the center seats, at check-in no less.
(Which is to say, those window seats in the remaining rear cabin end up getting selected at the airport, unless of course there are non status pax who only have the option of selecting these rear cabin window seats)
Old Dec 11, 19, 10:35 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by Tokyoite View Post
It is not an issue.
However, they are most prone to not do seat selection before getting to the airport (either they don't know how to or don't realize the value of doing it)
Therefore, they end up getting the remaining window seats in the rear cabin, or the center seats, at check-in no less.
(Which is to say, those window seats in the remaining rear cabin end up getting selected at the airport, unless of course there are non status pax who only have the option of selecting these rear cabin window seats)
Thanks! I'm actually in that group. Selected the seats in the rear cabin 7KH and 8KH. Would love to move up to the front cabin while keeping us together but probs won't happen. Do you know if there's a lot of noise from the galley/bathrooms between the cabins? I would assume not from the trip reviews on youtube that i've seen (they sit in 7 or 8 window).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: