JAL ticket only has one of two last names

Old Dec 2, 19, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

JAL ticket only has one of two last names

I have two last names (example AAA BBB CCC), with AAA being my first name, BBB my first last name, and CCC my second last name. I booked a JAL business class flight LAX - HND through Alaska Airlines using miles. Unfortunately, I booked the flight only using my first last name (i.e. AAA BBB). The flight isn't until next summer. I did this because my Alaska account only has my one last name (i.e. AAA BBB) and did not think about the possible issues later. I know within the U.S. this has never been a problem but I am concerned it will be when flying internationally to Japan. Alaska says they cant change the name because their contract with JAL doesn't allow any name changes. JAL says they cant change it because they didn't issue the ticket. Does anyone have experience with this or have any opinions? I understand you should never not have your name match your passport exactly.
Old Dec 2, 19, 12:55 pm

Programs: BonVoy Ti, IHG Au, HH Au, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred, *$ Au
There's previous threads on missing/muddled middle names, and given those, I think you'll be fine at check in with a ticket for your first and one of your last names.

No middle name in JAL e-ticket

JL ticket: Middle Name required if on Passport? [2019]

Search this Thread
Search Engine: