FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank-513/)
-   -   How to deal with time and airport change (NRT > HND) - [merged thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank/1997015-how-deal-time-airport-change-nrt-hnd-merged-thread.html)

inego Nov 20, 2019 4:56 pm

How to deal with time and airport change (NRT > HND) - [merged thread]

Executive Traveller is reporting that Japan Airlines is to move its Sydney to Narita service to Haneda from 29/3/20. The flight number will become JL51/52 but will have similar timings and existing 787-9.

https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...rita-to-haneda

Good for travel between the two countries. My problem is JL771/2 has been perfect for onward connection to BOS via NRT. AFAIK the BOS flight will still be ex-NRT, so it may be goodbye to JL for me :(

CPH-Flyer Nov 20, 2019 5:15 pm

It is part of the new Haneda slots becoming available from March 2020. Being discussed in great detail here.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japa...s-up-grab.html

JAL does mainly move routes from Narita to Haneda, not much expansion. So that will mean give an impact on a number for connection options that are currently possible through Narita.

Koru Flyer Nov 21, 2019 5:52 am

I need to look at flights, but as I normally use JAL to connect to USA or Europe, there goes that option....I guess though MEL is staying to NRT?

CPH-Flyer Nov 21, 2019 6:15 am

Originally Posted by Koru Flyer (Post 31761480)
I need to look at flights, but as I normally use JAL to connect to USA or Europe, there goes that option....I guess though MEL is staying to NRT?

Europe was already split between HND and NRT, London and Paris is HND; Helsinki and Frankfurt is NRT. Now Helsinki is moving to HND. So all in all Haneda is a better option. But Europe via Japan will still require a night in Japan going to Europe so not the ideal connection.

US will also get more options moved to Haneda.

inego Nov 21, 2019 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer (Post 31761534)
US will also get more options moved to Haneda.

Yes, I know one of the JFK filghts has moved to Haneda, so that may be an option for the future. But the BOS via NRT had been pretty much perfect form SYD....

catcathk Nov 25, 2019 12:29 pm

hmm.... what happen to reservation for the NRT -> SYD flight after March 29th?

CPH-Flyer Nov 25, 2019 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by catcathk (Post 31775613)
hmm.... what happen to reservation for the NRT -> SYD flight after March 29th?

It get moved to the HND SYD flight.

ljwalvin Nov 26, 2019 3:39 am

JL 3 time change

Hi guys,

I am booked on JL 3 and due to transfer onto the JL 3009 in May next year. However, JAL has moved the JL 3 to 1)different time and 2)different airport-arriving into HND instead of NRT.

JL 3009 departs from NRT instead of HND and I was wondering if I'm in a position to ask the airline to change my connecting flight as my layover time is now 1)approx 14 hours long and 2)different airports!

Also, I originally booked the flights through Qantas as part of a RTW ticket and I'm guessing that Qantas should be able to sort that out for me? I only found out about the change from a Qantas email today and I have not received any communication from JAL so far re the change.

Any input would be much appreciated!

ajeleonard Nov 26, 2019 3:54 am

For others ease:

OP was booked JFK-NRT-ITM
JFK-NRT has become JFK-HND
Itinerary is now JFK-HND/NRT-ITM

OP - I would call Qantas, explain clearly what has happened and ask to rebooked on one of the many HND-ITM flights

CPH-Flyer Nov 26, 2019 5:14 am

Qantas is your TA so they are responsible for sorting out your booking. The good news is that Haneda is hourly, or even higher frequency, to Itami, so it should be easy to find a flight that fits

JALPak Nov 26, 2019 5:14 am

It is QF’s responsibility to sort this out for you as they own the booking

AdamATL Nov 26, 2019 6:55 am

I realize you are booked through QF, so your situation is a little different from mine and you have a open jaw connection which complicates things. But, for what its worth (if anything), I am in the same boat with a JL ticket. I called JL this morning and they refused to change my flight to depart from another U.S. city (I suggested DFW or ORD) at a time closer to my original booking. They were very adamant about "no changes allowed." They were willing to put me on the other JFK flight to HND, but there were no seats available in first class. Oh well, I'll survive.

TTmex Nov 26, 2019 7:20 am

Hi,

I am booked on JAL for July on the following Itin.

MEX-DFW-NRT-HAN
HAN-NRT-DFW-MEX

I just got confirmation that DFW-NRT is now DFW-HND. I've been given new flights that allow 3 hours to transfer from NRT to HND, which is not realistic. In fact is now a 2 hour change for the return.

I saw there was another thread, but that person was booked with Qantas. My flights are definitely booked through JAL on JAL codes. Before I make any changes and accept any changes in the booking, I want to know what my rights are.

Thanks in advance

For example, does anyone know if I have the right to ask them to shift the HND-HAN flights to the following day, essential building in 27 hours to transfer between flights? Would then reserve a hotel at HND and spend the afternoon and evening in Tokyo before heading off to Hanoi. And do the same on the return but reserving this time in central Tokyo and then taking train to NRT the following day. Certainly not adverse to spending an a day either side in Tokyo.

Or is the alternative to be asked to be routed through Boston or something like that?

Thanks for help

TTmex Nov 26, 2019 10:27 am

Originally Posted by AdamATL (Post 31778333)
I realize you are booked through QF, so your situation is a little different from mine and you have a open jaw connection which complicates things. But, for what its worth (if anything), I am in the same boat with a JL ticket. I called JL this morning and they refused to change my flight to depart from another U.S. city (I suggested DFW or ORD) at a time closer to my original booking. They were very adamant about "no changes allowed." They were willing to put me on the other JFK flight to HND, but there were no seats available in first class. Oh well, I'll survive.

That doesn't sound promising for the call I'm going to have to make. They have left me less than 2.40 hours to cross from HND to NRT. Just not going to happen. Plus now my connection time in Dallas is 1 hour 45 mins. If I don't get a better schedule, then I'll just ask for a cancellation because part of booking the route on JAL was the convenient time and the opportunity to relax for a few hours at the airport lounge before connecting. Not interested in running from one to another to another without a break.

I declined online, so lets see what they come up with. I'm hopeful they will agree to building in a 24 hour stop over each way.

etiene Nov 26, 2019 11:51 am

Originally Posted by TTmex (Post 31779091)
That doesn't sound promising for the call I'm going to have to make. They have left me less than 2.40 hours to cross from HND to NRT. Just not going to happen. Plus now my connection time in Dallas is 1 hour 45 mins. If I don't get a better schedule, then I'll just ask for a cancellation because part of booking the route on JAL was the convenient time and the opportunity to relax for a few hours at the airport lounge before connecting. Not interested in running from one to another to another without a break.

I declined online, so lets see what they come up with. I'm hopeful they will agree to building in a 24 hour stop over each way.

I thought NRT/HND was at least a 3hr MCT anyway, so I think you might be ok on getting a change there.