Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Can't manage my flight with my BA booking reference.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2019, 3:03 am
Original Poster

I have previously called JAL for a seat allocation enquiry and they have pulled up my details using the BA reference. When trying to use the "manage my flight" on their website it doesn't recognise it though. This is a concern because I believe when it comes to online check-in it will also not recognise the reference number.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
JAL. Coded or BA coded flight?

Do you have a middle name in the booking?
Old Nov 17, 2019, 2:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
JAL. Coded or BA coded flight?

Do you have a middle name in the booking?
BA coded and although there's no middle name on the booking I've tried putting my middle name with no space.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JCC87
BA coded and although there's no middle name on the booking I've tried putting my middle name with no space.
The codeshare flights are the issue. As JAL usually does not support looking up flights coded with partner flight numbers.

I don't have experience with BA coded online check in with JAL, but I suspect it works despite the inability to look up the flight through manage booking. If you have seats, on line check in is not the biggest loss should it fail.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.