Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL website showing two different status for reservation

Old Nov 5, 19, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

This is only my second post in this forum and had searched to make sure question had not been asked elsewhere. Please be gentle.

1. Using AA award, I booked PDX-LAX on AA metal and LAX-NRT on JAL metal.
2. I have both the AA and JAL confirmation numbers.
3. AA site shows me that the reservation has been ticketed and that all is good.
4. I called AA and was told all is well with the entire reservation as well.

But here is where it gets interesting:

5. JAL site shows me on the search page that reservation's Status is "Ticketed". I've been checking this almost everyday and routinely see such status.
6. But when I select the reservation to see the details, I see Status is "On hold" and Holding period is "Wed 27 Nov" (which is the date of flight). Today is the first time I've seen this. The status here has also always been "Ticketed" for the last month or so that I've been checking.
7. The "About ticketing deadline" link further plays havoc on my mental health as it says "If your seat is not confirmed and ticketed by the end of ticketing time limit (*) or the waitlist holding period (*), all flights in the reservation will be cancelled automatically."
8. I dialed JAL's +81 number and was told that as far as the JAL flights, everything is in order. They were also able to see what I meant with the two status. But they contended that I should reach out to AA about that. But per 4 above, I did contact AA and was told that everything is in order at their end as well.

I'm so worried and frustrated x 100. I have a sinking feeling that when I show up at the airport, I will be told that "nope, you're not boarding any flights today, ok, thnx, bye."

I've already checked and made sure that the flights have not been cancelled since they are still bookable and seats are available.

Thanks for answers, comments, and recommendations.
aquanine likes this.
Old Nov 5, 19, 8:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Do you have a ticket receipt with a ticket number showing all segments? Usually the airline emails it to you and you should also be able to see your award ticket receipts by clicking when logged into your FF account. [You could also try to check the status of your ticket on the Saudia airlines website; this tends to work well for a wide variety of carriers.]

Of course, to travel you will also need (confirmed) reservations (sometimes referred to as a PNR) for each flight segment that exactly match your ticket.
imbisibol likes this.
Old Nov 5, 19, 8:50 pm

Programs: SAA Voyager, VAA Flying Club, IHG
Have you been issued with an AA ticket number and those segments match your trip? If so, I wouldn't worry about it. Normally it's an automatic message that goes in OSI reminding the ticketing carrier of the OAL's ticketing deadline.
imbisibol and starmeth1990 like this.
Old Nov 5, 19, 9:01 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), AA OWE (EXP), IHG Plat
When AA tickets in Sabre the e-ticket number is transfered to JL Altea system under TKNE SSR (you can Google it out what TKNE SSR is - I am writing it on smartphone). When you retrieve the PNR on JL web site, they look for the e-ticket number under AlteaTK (ticketing) field, but they do not see it there as it is under TKNE SSR - this is fine - this is how interline ticketing works. If you convince JL to e-mail you the face of the Altea PNR you see TKOK and e-ticket number under TKNE - this is all fine. Option B would be to stop worrying as everything is fine.
Old Nov 6, 19, 9:59 am

Logged in today and noticed the On Hold status with deadline date matching my departure date. On a paid flight with one leg upgraded using points. Was previously showing ticketed. Probably just a display issue. Flight is still a few weeks away so going to wait a few days and see if it corrects itself.
Old Nov 6, 19, 10:17 am
Original Poster

I VERY sincerely would like to thank the collective wisdom in this thread.

I do have an AA ticket number with all the matching and expected segments.

Iíve also educated myself regarding TKNE SSR.

So, yes, I have stopped hyper-ventilating.
Old Nov 6, 19, 11:50 pm

I have the same exact thing happen. Thank you everyone in this thread for their wisdom.
I booked through Chase Rewards and today noticed the "On Hold" status under reservations on JAL website. The holding period has the date 1 day before my flight.

My JAL e-ticket has all matching segments on it when looking at it, so I don't think there is anything to worry about. I am going to call just to make sure tomorrow, but this thread has put me at ease.

Thanks again.
Old Nov 13, 19, 7:32 pm

I am so glad I found this thread! I was freaking out because my tickets that were booked separately all now say on hold too, even though I have ticket numbers for all of them. I was able to check my reservation on the JAL site and it says on hold. The holding period is the date of my flight for 1 ticket and another ticket is the day before the flight. I could've sworn it said ticketed when I first booked it. I was able to get a copy of my receipt on the JAL site under my reservations and all of my tickets have a ticket number. I still see my same seat assignments too.

I booked these tickets through Alaska. TPJ does it work the same way with what you were saying above with Alaska transferring the ticket number to JAL?

What do you guys think is the cause of this? Is this something that is common?

I am going to give JAL a call too for some peace of mind.
Old Nov 17, 19, 4:20 pm

Update - I called JAL and they said there is a known glitch on their site where some flights are showing as on hold, but they are not really on hold. They said they are working on fixing it as multiple people have called, but there is no timeline to fix it.
imbisibol and aquanine like this.
Old Nov 17, 19, 10:37 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, JMB Crystal
I have a flight I booked a couple months back that used to show ticketed but now shows on hold. Sounds like it's nothing to worry about.
Old Nov 19, 19, 11:26 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines
I have an award ticket booked via AS that was previously showing ticketed, and now is showing "On Hold" with the hold date being 24 hours before the flight.

Several other people over at the AS forums pointed out that several AA issued tickets had the same issue and also quoted a technical glitch on the website. At least one person over there confirmed they were able to check in with no issue.

Comforting to know it's not just me Hopefully everything works out for everyone.
imbisibol likes this.
Old Nov 19, 19, 1:56 pm

My flight is actually tomorrow and it still shows the "On Hold" status.
My flight is SNA-SFO-HND and it was booked through Chase Rewards.
The first leg is through Alaska Airlines and I was able to check in on the Alaska Airlines website for the flight tomorrow. So looks like it's all good on my end.
imbisibol and cruisingmickey like this.
Old Nov 27, 19, 10:34 am
Original Poster

At OW lounge in TBIT now. JAL website indeed changed my status from ON HOLD to TICKETED today.

At PDX, AA desk at airport was also able to print all my boarding passes, including all downlines
aquanine and cruisingmickey like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: