Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Class Food

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2019, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Business Class Food

I'm wondering if I should play it safe and order in advanced a western option which I believe is always beef. Don't get me wrong I love Japanese food such as tonkatsu, wagyu, curry, ramen, yakatori and all the good meat stuff. But I was born a fish hater. And from all the youtube reviews I've seen the Japanese option in business is very fish heavy. Or is there a meat based Japanese option?
Old Nov 2, 2019, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JCC87
I'm wondering if I should play it safe and order in advanced a western option which I believe is always beef. Don't get me wrong I love Japanese food such as tonkatsu, wagyu, curry, ramen, yakatori and all the good meat stuff. But I was born a fish hater. And from all the youtube reviews I've seen the Japanese option in business is very fish heavy. Or is there a meat based Japanese option?
You can check the menus online and see what the options are for your specific flight.

But mostly the Japanese menu have quite a bit of fish, I doubt you would ever find a Japanese meal without a significant fish presence.

As for pre ordering, the problem usually seem to be getting the Japanese meal. But as you have a quite strict requirement, I would put the order in if it was me.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Nov 2, 2019 at 6:38 pm
Old Nov 2, 2019, 6:30 pm

Programs: ANA Diamond
Just tell them that you don't like fish and see if they can mix and match for you. Literally every single Japanese meal in J will have fish in a few of the courses, so there's no point in ordering the Japanese set menu. I've also never experienced the Western menu running out on any JAL/ANA flights in the last 10+ years, but it doesn't hurt to put down the order. It won't be customized at all though unless you specifically tell them.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 9:55 am
Original Poster

OK thanks guys, I'll steer clear of the Japanese option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.