JL42 LHR-HND in Y

Old Oct 29, 19, 9:42 am
McG
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
JL42 LHR-HND in Y

I have an upcoming booking with JAL on JL42 from LHR to HND. This arrives into HND at 06:55.

I will be collecting a rental car and then driving to Ibaraki and then later that day Mito.

Any tips from those who have taken this flight in Y on how to be best prepared for a fullish day on arrival?
Old Oct 29, 19, 10:11 am

Programs: BA Exec. Club Silver
I live a distance enough away from LHR to warrant getting a hotel the night before the flight. My general plan is stay up as late as possible the night before in order to maximise the amount of sleep on the plane. I really rate JL41/42 as a Y product and this plan tends to work. If all goes well I am ready to go upon landing.

There are showers at HND just after exiting the customs/arrival area (on your left) which are good for a quick refresh, but there can be a decent wait time so worth checking asap once through customs (TV screen gives this next to the door). You might want to think about that one given the time you're arriving - rush hour is not far away so either sit it out at the airport or just crack on as quickly as possible upon arrival and try and get going before it gets too bad (assuming a weekday arrival).

That is probably it for me. Depends how well you sleep on flights - I do fine so the best way for me is to delay sleep as long as possible the night before!
Old Oct 29, 19, 11:39 am
McG
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Thanks,

I'm flying down from GLA the night before and have a hotel booked.
I arrive on a Saturday morning so here's hoping the traffic isn't too bad.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: