JL 11 - DFW to NRT - Business Class seats

Old Oct 28, 19, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; AA Platinum
JL 11 - DFW to NRT - Business Class seats

DH and I are Flying in April and I looked at seats. All window seats in the first cabin are blocked. Middle Rows I and 2 are available. Windows and aisle 8 are open. Which would you choose? I am reading window and aisle are beat seats for couples but how are the middle seats? Thanks in advance for your opinions.
Old Oct 28, 19, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Originally Posted by Desirees View Post
DH and I are Flying in April and I looked at seats. All window seats in the first cabin are blocked. Middle Rows I and 2 are available. Windows and aisle 8 are open. Which would you choose? I am reading window and aisle are beat seats for couples but how are the middle seats? Thanks in advance for your opinions.
On the 787 the middle seats might be slightly better for a couple as the seats are not offset. But you loose some storage options by the lack of the offset. The offset of the seats are not enough to be an issue when travelling as a couple. I guess it mainly depends on whether one of you are very keen to have a window seat.
Desirees likes this.
Old Oct 28, 19, 8:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Blocked seats. These are only available before OLCI (T-24) based on your one world Status.
If you have one world elite status, please update your FFP number n the JL website or even use Finnair website.
Then, you will be able to select the window seats you prefer.

If you don't have any status, great thing is, its free for all at OCLI (T-24).
So, set your alarm and do OLCI on the dot, and you might even grab seat 5A (window on row 5 in the mini-cabin on the 77W)!

FYI,
As a one world Sapphire, you can select the following business class window seats if available.
From row 5 on the 767, 787 and 772 (excludes rows 1-4 window seats) - E.g. your DFW flight on the 787-9
From main cabin on the 777W (excludes whole of mini cabin)

As a non-status passenger (or Ruby member), you can only select the following business class window seats if available.
From second row onward of second cabin on the 767, 787 and 772 (excludes all of the forward cabin window seats and first/exit row of main cabin) - E.g. your DFW flight on the 787-9
From second row onward of main cabin on the 777W (excludes whole of mini cabin and first/exit row of main cabin)

As a OWE, you have unlimited access.

Middle seats are as shown below, Good for a couple, but the divider still remains there. I would chose these if looking out of the window isn't exciting/important.
Desirees likes this.
Old Oct 28, 19, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

Thank you SO much for your replies. I am OW Sapphire - and followed instructions to update my info in the reservations for JAL. but the window seats remain blocked. Will keep checking though... appreciate all your replies.
Old Oct 28, 19, 9:28 pm

Thank you SO much for your replies. I am OW Sapphire - and followed instructions to update my info in the reservations for JAL. but the window seats remain blocked. Will keep checking though... appreciate all your replies.
What date is your flight? I or anyone with KVS/EF account can check if they are actually occupied or blocked.
It is a popular premium route and could be almost full to begin with.
If you properly changed the FFP number, you should have access to any open window seats from row 5 to row 7 on the 787-9
Old Oct 28, 19, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tokyoite View Post
What date is your flight? I or anyone with KVS/EF account can check if they are actually occupied or blocked.
It is a popular premium route and could be almost full to begin with.
If you properly changed the FFP number, you should have access to any open window seats from row 5 to row 7 on the 787-9
April 1 - DFW to NRT.

My booking in JAL already had my AA number in it - I am platinum. No status on JAL though.
Old Oct 28, 19, 11:36 pm

Programs: BonVoy Ti, IHG Au, HH Au, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred, *$ Au
EF view:

Desirees likes this.
Old Oct 29, 19, 7:38 pm

April 1 - DFW to NRT.

My booking in JAL already had my AA number in it - I am platinum. No status on JAL though.
AA platinum (Oneworld sapphire) should get you the open window seats in rows 7-9 as shown above.
Just call JAL to confirm your AA number is in the reservation (it may not properly reflect OWS status), and to get seat assignments for the window seats.
I suggest seat 7A for its privacy and window views.
Desirees likes this.
Old Oct 29, 19, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tokyoite View Post
AA platinum (Oneworld sapphire) should get you the open window seats in rows 7-9 as shown above.
Just call JAL to confirm your AA number is in the reservation (it may not properly reflect OWS status), and to get seat assignments for the window seats.
I suggest seat 7A for its privacy and window views.
Thank you. Will call tomorrow. Appreciate all the help to everyone for taking the time to respond and give advice and for checking EF for me.
Old Oct 30, 19, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Quick update - went back into my booking, and put in my AA number again. When I selected seats, this time, the seats opened up, and mirrored the seat map Rustykettel shared - chose 7a and 7c. Thank you for all your help, again!
rustykettel and Tokyoite like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: