Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Does 1 year need a car seat on jal if I bought seat for him?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2019, 11:12 pm
Original Poster

My wife and I flying jal economy from lax to japan. Do we need to bring car seat? Does a 1 year old require car seat or can we just use regular seat for him?

thx
Old Oct 25, 2019, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by webazoid
My wife and I flying jal economy from lax to japan. Do we need to bring car seat? Does a 1 year old require car seat or can we just use regular seat for him?

thx
On the plane, or while driving?

On the plane, you can either have him as a lap infant, or you can buy a separate seat. A car seat will not be required.

While driving, I don't know what the rules are.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 12:37 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.

thx
In flight, you can chose to either have a bassinet, rent a child seat, or bring a child seat of your own. Either way, you need to contact JAL well in advance to arrange for or get approval for this.
Details here. https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/support/baby/

Child seat: https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/suppo...hild-seat.html
Old Oct 25, 2019, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
On the plane, or while driving?

On the plane, you can either have him as a lap infant, or you can buy a separate seat. A car seat will not be required.

While driving, I don't know what the rules are.
I meant on plane. It seems as if jal says a seat can be rented if an adult brings two infants but they were not specific on 1 infant.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
I meant on plane. It seems as if jal says a seat can be rented if an adult brings two infants but they were not specific on 1 infant.
where does it say that??
Old Oct 25, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
I think the wording means that an adult can only have one lap child. If there's another, one must have their own seat.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 9:12 pm

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
JL offers free child seat rentals, so why not avail yourself of that service? All you have to do is call them in advance to reserve the child seat, and they will install it for you on the plane. When you board, the child seat will already be there waiting for you.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 8:01 pm

Programs: JGC Diamond, Marriott Platinum
If you decide to use a child seat, you will need to purchase a seat for your infant.
Tokyoite likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.