Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NRT connect times. JL708 questions.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2019, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

NRT connect times. JL708 questions.

Am flying LAX-NRT-HAN with 1h45 connect time. Hope that is long enough to connect and too short a time for my wife to do any serious damage shopping.

My concern is our return from REP (REP-NRT-LAX). I am flying JL708 into NRT and have just 1 hour to connect with JL062 to LAX. I will be seated in business class so that should help if we arrive on time. Anyone know whether JL708 usually arrives NRT on time? Last I checked, its business class seating was lay flat at an angle. Is that still the case (Seat Guru says yes) and, for sitting up, are 2 H & K comfortable?

We have back to back tickets out of LAX and might be in trouble if delayed at NRT. We are ticketed on AA flying JL metal and AA has a later flight out of NRT that should make our connection but I'd rather not test that.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by KyRoamer
Am flying LAX-NRT-HAN with 1h45 connect time. Hope that is long enough to connect and too short a time for my wife to do any serious damage shopping.

My concern is our return from REP (REP-NRT-LAX). I am flying JL708 into NRT and have just 1 hour to connect with JL062 to LAX. I will be seated in business class so that should help if we arrive on time. Anyone know whether JL708 usually arrives NRT on time? Last I checked, its business class seating was lay flat at an angle. Is that still the case (Seat Guru says yes) and, for sitting up, are 2 H & K comfortable?

We have back to back tickets out of LAX and might be in trouble if delayed at NRT. We are ticketed on AA flying JL metal and AA has a later flight out of NRT that should make our connection but I'd rather not test that.

Hi,

That will be plenty of time especially on the LAX-NRT-HAN leg now that US arrivals do not have to clear transit security as I understand ( so there will also be some time for shopping). 1 hr on the return ahould be doable also.

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 23, 2019, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
1 hour in Narita is perfectly fine. Transit security is usually quick (going to the US), and if your inbound is late, JAL will send staff to help you get to the next flight.

For the 77W operating to LAX JAL schedules boarding to start 30 minutes before departure, and sometimes even start a bit closer to the departure than that.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. You all made me feel better.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

JL708 has an excellent on time record. It is on time 85% of the time. The flight has an average delay of 11 minutes with a standard deviation of 12.4 minutes. Considering what CPH-Flyer said about transit time and staff help if needed, we feel much better.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.