Wiki Posts
Search

Best Y seat on 787-9?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2019, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold
Best Y seat on 787-9?

Taking JL69 (LAX-KIX) in a couple days and the bulk head seats have opened up for selection. Are they any good? Can seem to find any reviews on them except for seat guru's generic rating for bulkhead seats.

I currently have 55h and 55k, and debating on switching to 23 A/C or H/K
Old Oct 20, 2019, 2:08 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by Eneka
Taking JL69 (LAX-KIX) in a couple days and the bulk head seats have opened up for selection. Are they any good? Can seem to find any reviews on them except for seat guru's generic rating for bulkhead seats.

I currently have 55h and 55k, and debating on switching to 23 A/C or H/K
any bulkhead not near a toilet is good.
It is operated by the SS9-2 787-9 (E92 config), and bulkheads are only rows 23 and 45. https://www.jal.co.jp/en/aircraft/conf/789.html
row 23 is great, if you can get it.
photo is of a 777, but the config is similar, offered for reference only

Last edited by Tokyoite; Oct 20, 2019 at 2:21 am
Old Oct 20, 2019, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Alright, switched the seats to row 23! Will report back how they compare to the other Y seats since there doesn't seem to be any reviews on them!
Old Oct 20, 2019, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Personally, I prefer row 45 to 23.

23 stil has room enough to allow the passenger in the window seat to get up without disturbing the aisle seat passenger.

Screens are in the armrest, so there is no IFE during taxi, take off and landing. Same for both 23 and 45. Also, just one of the configurations of the 787-9 has row 23 in Y. Most of the planes have Y starting in row 45.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 7:45 pm

Programs: Enrich
honestly any Y seat is good in jal, their leg room is spacious and the seat is wider than any other airline
Old Nov 4, 2019, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

just got back from the trip. I'd say unless you want to the advantage of not disturbing your partner when getting up, the "regular" seats are a bit more comfortable. You can "stretch out" easier and farther under the seat in front of you vs the bulkhead. Me being only 5'6", I do wish they had leg rests on them, but the lack of an entertainment box under the seats were definitely very nice.

They also seem to only have one set of restrooms for Y, so all Y share the 4 restrooms and can cause a buildup after meal times.
Tokyoite and rustykettel like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.